• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Duraspark conversion completed

bonedoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, durasparked, 350 holley, headers, 2 1/2 inch exhaust
Transmission
Automatic
Well guys..after many months of getting the parts and asking questions...today was the day. Took about 7 hours and OMG!!!! It is awesome!! The truck runs great, the trans works perfect and I don't know what we did right...or wrong...:icon_confused: but my overdrive on my A4LD works perfectly fine.
I used the Holley 350 carb with #50 jets. It fit like a glove and coupled with the headers and 2 1/2" exhaust really woke that motor up. The throttle response is immediate, it runs smooth and the power is a major jump from where it was. The truck has 373 rears with 31" tires and it cranks things just fine, hills are no problem as well as the highway.
We used the tech directions as a basic guide. My buddy is a mechanic and he specializes in classic car restorations so once he saw the basics he took it from there. We removed the majority of junk but retained some additional wires, which might explain the trans working.
I have to thank eveyone in the forums who gave me info and help...many thanks :icon_cheers:
Particularly KIM, Mudhound, Skippy, RobbieD, you guys rock!! :headbang:

Now to get to work on the suspension and handling, 5.5" James Duff stage 3 and a Stone Crusher Steering kit, should have it and installed by end of June. :yahoo: Will keep you guys posted.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Congratulations! Glad to hear that it went well.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Well guys..after many months of getting the parts and asking questions...today was the day. Took about 7 hours and OMG!!!! It is awesome!! The truck runs great, the trans works perfect and I don't know what we did right...or wrong...:icon_confused: but my overdrive on my A4LD works perfectly fine.
I used the Holley 350 carb with #50 jets. It fit like a glove and coupled with the headers and 2 1/2" exhaust really woke that motor up. The throttle response is immediate, it runs smooth and the power is a major jump from where it was. The truck has 373 rears with 31" tires and it cranks things just fine, hills are no problem as well as the highway.
We used the tech directions as a basic guide. My buddy is a mechanic and he specializes in classic car restorations so once he saw the basics he took it from there. We removed the majority of junk but retained some additional wires, which might explain the trans working.
I have to thank eveyone in the forums who gave me info and help...many thanks :icon_cheers:
Particularly KIM, Mudhound, Skippy, RobbieD, you guys rock!! :headbang:

Now to get to work on the suspension and handling, 5.5" James Duff stage 3 and a Stone Crusher Steering kit, should have it and installed by end of June. :yahoo: Will keep you guys posted.
So that means what...:icon_confused: It goes fast?:icon_confused:

bonedoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, durasparked, 350 holley, headers, 2 1/2 inch exhaust
Transmission
Automatic
Is that supposed to be an intelligent answer/comment....You know there is a saying, you can keep your mouth shut and let people think you are an a#$, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt. You may want to consider it!!

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Is that supposed to be an intelligent answer/comment....
I think it was supposed to be an intelligent question.... :icon_twisted:

Just messing with you man :D, good to hear that your conversion is working out. Read some cases of some never being able to get them to run right with the conversion. Holleys can be a treat to figure out sometimes, but seem to work well once things are dialed in. I'd be curious to see a vid of what this thing can do.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals