• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

dual cases electric t case. help

ltuck808

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So I got the 1350 manual t case in my bII and just got a 1350 electric t case to possibly use for my doubler. I want to know if anyone has ever hooked one up to a toggle switch and use it as my double. How rad would it be to have low low on a toggle haha if no one has ever done this then I'm gonna try and if i figure it out ill be sure to so a write up on it

ltuck808

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Don't think it can be done (as a doubler) because the electric motor for shifting is on the oposite side that the doubler is on

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
It shouldn't be impossible. The electric case is in the rear, there you go. I think the toggle will be your biggest problem.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The motor on the shifter is control by the module to tell it where to stop. It would take a lot of expierimenting to get it to work with a toggle. Probably easier to find a 1354m.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
It wouldn't take too much. You want a diagram of the contacts, which are not complicated - those are what tells the module where the motor is. Figure out which contacts are the low-high contacts, and use a double pole, double throw switch (so it can have two circuits) and each circuit will use a relay. The control side of the relay will be wired to the switch and the contacts for low-high, and the load side of the relay will power the motor. You'll need one circuit to use one set of contacts to spin the motor one way, and the other circuit will spin the motor the other way. I've never done this, but I've torn the motors apart before, and am a heating technician that's taken a ton of electrical controls classes in college - I know I could do it, and that's how I would do it, and that's basically how the module does it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals