• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

drum set thread

chico4554

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
after all these music threads, it inspired me to see what kinda skins everyone is playing around here. List out the main specs/brand and post a few pics if you can.

Tama Imperial Star, midnight blue. Its got 8,10,12,13,14,16 toms with a mapex black panther snare. Its a bit different now, got some x-hats next to the ride now. Working on a nice cymbal set now with stands. I play alot of progressive rock, rock, and a little bit o jazz.

Last edited:

chico4554

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
do pics not work from facebook?

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I've got a few:

2 1960s Rogers R-380s

It's a kit I assembled. It's a bit different today. I am actually getting ready to revise it. I use a marching snare on this one, this kit is pretty loud. I haven't played it out in a long time, but this was my live kit for quite some time. Also have done some recording with it.

197X Lugwig Vista Light

This was my first drum set, it was only a 7 piece when I got it. It came with an Istanbul K Zildjin that my dad later sold for more than he paid for the drum set. I traded this set to him for a 1983 Gretch. I later gave him the Gretch back for Christmas once I had my R-380. He told me to take these (the Ludwigs) when I want, they'll stay there because they'll be safe. He added more toms, got all original Hercules stands, cleaned them up and somehow managed to find another 24" bass drum for it. What's odd about this set is that it's green and has oversize concert toms. They stopped making green in 75(?) and replaced it with a smoke color, this set is pretty rare.

197X Gretch Practice Kit

Bought for $200 from my guitar player. I use this set to practice on. No pictures, but I do have a video of us playing a tune. Since it's just a practice kit, I purposely use broken cymbals. :)

198X? Slingerland

No idea about this kit, I got it for free and have been thinking about selling it. 24" bass, 14 snare, 13, 14 toms, 18 floor. No pictures, never even set them up. The mounting hardware is certainly different, I don't think I like it.

Pete

Otto

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Heres my set. 7 piece tama swingstar...more cymbals and hardware no pics though

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Man looking at these kits makes me want to start playing again!
My last set was Tama. But I have always liked Ludwig and DW. And of course Zildjian cymbals.:headbang:

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
My kit is a a Pearl Export kit, purple fade. Evans skins all the way around, yamaha snare, mix of sabian and zildjiian cymbals.

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
:bawling:Seeing all these drums makes me want to set mine back up!
Here's my set before I put it away:

Set is a Performance Percussion set with Evan heads and ZBT zildjian cymbals.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Heres my set. 7 piece tama swingstar...more cymbals and hardware no pics though
That looks like mine except I have a 5 piece and the cymbals that came with it. I stuck my sticks through the original Tama heads to I have Evans ones now. I put the beater through the kick drum so I taped it up with a roll of tarp repair tape. Everyone liked the thud better so I just left it.

If I played like psychopete in that video nobody would play with me anymore. The guy that plays bass likes to play a lot of notes. He's good, but he is a guitarist too and my older brother is like Carlos Santana doing all this crazy shit so the bass guy is doing everything else. I don't want to drown him out so when he is playing I try hard to work around him and stick beats in places he's not occupying. We also have a percussionist who does the djembe or congo and it adds another tough element to deal with for me. We manage to trade back and forth while playing. It's pretty cool. I also have a djembe--a Remo. It's not as good as his real African drum though. He's got a goatskin head and mine's fiberglass. He's really good and I've learned a lot from him. He soars around whatever we are playing. It does hog up a lot of places where you can have a little fun on the toms though. We just impromptu everything. It's for fun. We do know two songs, but someone gets bored and we never make it to the end before it turns into somethings else. One is the Blind Boys of Alabama's rendition of Amazing Grace to the Doors House of the Rising Sun. The other is Bob Dylan's Things Have Changed.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
If I played like psychopete in that video nobody would play with me anymore.
:icon_rofl: Just the style that we play. Metal is not the only thing I do, but it does keep me in check.

Pete

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals