• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dropped I-beams?

Maritime Drag Racing

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
355 Chevrolet
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
2" drop rear shackles
Tire Size
27 X 5 X 15 Hoosier front - 9X30 Hoosier rear(slicks)
My credo
Race it - Break it - Fix it - Repeat
Just wondering if anyone had a USED set of dropped I-beams for an 87 Ranger for sale. With the Canadian $$ in the crapper, shipping costs through the roof and living on the old age pension new ones are out of the question. On Ebay $520.87 US becomes $690.58 CDN + $200.00 US shipping($265.16 CDN) for a total of $955.74 CDN. Hell - I only paid a few bucks more than that for the rolling chassis when I bought it. HALF of that I might be able to handle...........

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
You'll have much better luck finding a used set of 89-97 beams. Though they're still hard to come by. Switching to the later style beams is an upgrade, as you can swap to 95-97 knuckles and gain dual piston calipers that bolt on instead of use those stupid slide pins. They also have the balljoints pressed into the knuckle rather than the beam. If you had to go new, they're also cheaper than the 83-88 beams.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals