• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Driver side door wont open

Snal

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So I got my truck in october of 2009 and ever since I got it when you open up the drivers side door it doesnt pop open like most other doors will do. it unlatches but it doesnt pop out or anything you have to pull it open but it was all easy. Lately it was getting harder to open but nothing worth complaining about until today. All day it was fine until tonight I went to get in and the door was stuck completely shut. I mean it was unlocked like it always is and I tried to open it normally, yank it open, and just pull hard but it wasnt budging at all. I felt like I was going to break the handle off so I got in on the passengers side and when I tried to open it from the inside I had to really put my weight in it and hit it pretty hard for it to finally pop open then it seemed fine but I'm betting it's probably gonna be this way in the morning. I could probably clean out whatever is getting stuck but I'd rather replace it so it can pop open like it should but this has never happened to me before so I'm not 100% sure what it is or how to fix it so any help will be greatly appreciated

bttlscrs00x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
It could be a bad latch or a door lock actuator that isn't unlocking completely.

My 2000 Explorer had all of the actuators, except the front DS, go out within months of each other. The rear hatch even failed, but was the easiest to replace. I didn't feel like fixing the doors, so all of my interior panels sat off. I became rather good at unlocking the doors within the shell itself with a screwdriver.

I think actuators are a Ford only part.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals