• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Drive Shaft Swap

spin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Thought I'd let everyone know what I did, maybe it will help someone else in the future. There is a tech article on the swap that I read, but it left some things out or was unsure.

My truck: 1995 Mazda B2300 Extended Cab 5spd 4x2.

My center support bearing for the 2 piece drive shaft took a crap. I replaced it with an aluminum one from a 99 ranger 3.0 ext cab 5spd 4x2. As the tech article says use the same drive train and wheel base. The swap works as stated in the article.

Here is where the article here wasn't clear. The tech article on this website said you needed to swap the differential flange because it was a different size. I read another article that said 1990 and up you did not need to swap the flange. The other article was right. Straight swap after you remove the center support bearing bracket (not the cross member).

Hope this helps someone else

Sorry, I didn't take pictures

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Some people have said that they have removed that crossmember that supports the support bearing without any issues.

Irokranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
what makes me most is the shit F**ing nut to 12 points on the yoke
THERE have not been able to put ****ing nut with 6 points, I shit whore hobs to loosen a key

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

TexasDuck66
July Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals