• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hey friends! Been working hard at getting the winter mods into the truck. Today I'm at about 95% of the way to getting everything reinstalled in the truck so I can get in some test drives this holiday weekend. I now have a Circle D 3b converter (3500 stall), MSD 2-step, and an SFI flexplate. I'm hoping these help wake the truck up and bring down the atrocious 60' times I was getting on the stock converter. Below are a couple videos for your viewing pleasure. Help me out by liking and subscribing to my channel on Youtube.

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Only able to get in 1 test drive this weekend. Making some tuning tweaks to hopefully bring this trans to where we want it. Tracks open in a month or so for TnT so the clock is ticking! Latest video below (includes a test drive!)

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
After some consideration, foot braking wasn't getting the full benefit of the new converter so I installed a transbrake today. Track opens in 3 weeks and I'm quite excited to test it out! Still working through getting the trans tune sorted out so hopefully it'll be reading for the first TnT of the season.

For those considering adding a transbrake to your 6R80, make sure to verify any labels provided by the manufacturer as the 3.7 harness differs from the 5.0 harness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoaZ4fmNcSI

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
First TnT was today and boy was it an emotional roller coaster. If anyone knows how to disable a limiter within the tune that limits transbraking to 2500 rpm, I will be eternally grateful!

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hey everyone apologies for the long break! With corona closing tracks and me moving across the country, I didn't get much done truck wise. I'm now at sea level so I did an apples to apples comparison before tackling the cam sensor issue I've been having. Sorry for the shaky video in the beginning- a new GoPro is on my list of things to get! Hope y'all enjoy and if you enjoy the project, please consider subscribing for the Youtube Algorithm.

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Friends,

I need some help. I've been trying to chase down a CMP sensor issue that I believe is the source of my not being able to get all the way up on the 2-step. I've run the diagnostic tree and it is failing a resistance test. It is supposed to read greater than 10K ohms, but I get 1.8K at the connector. I've isolated it down to the PCM, and am at loss currently. I tested different pins and was able to match the 1.8k resistance between the CMP pin and the grounds for the cowl harness. I'm concerned that the board got wet (see below) and is now bridging some connection that it should not be.

Can someone do me a favor if they have an 11-14 5.0? Measure the resistance between pin 42 on the engine (middle) connection, and pins 69 and 70 on the cowl (outer, same size) connection?

Here is a picture of the PCM when I removed the cover. Are those orange things signs of water intrusion? They feel like play-doh. I removed all of them and it made no difference.

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Update to above. Looks like the stuff on the board is just extra paste that oozed through. Sometimes all you need is a second set of eyes. Got a test back from someone. Same resistance...back to troubleshooting

Last edited:

Sharky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hi, new guy here. I just finished going through your thread & I gotta say ...it is awesome !

also, thank you for your service ......🇺🇲

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hi, new guy here. I just finished going through your thread & I gotta say ...it is awesome !

also, thank you for your service ......🇺🇲
Thanks! Definitely a labor of love, that's for sure. Please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel...almost to 100!

Sharky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Thanks! Definitely a labor of love, that's for sure. Please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel...almost to 100!
subscribed (y)

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Not the update I wanted to post, but here it is anyway...hoping the cops find it before I drop the $$$ on a new one when I get these electrical issues sorted out.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That really sucks!

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I hope they both get AIDS...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That sucks.

Dad had a 2 year old car trailer stolen in the late 90's, they never found it. The next morning somebody called in the mower that was on the back of it in the middle of a dirt road the next county over. Dad claimed it and hoped it would help the case. He was informed by the sherif that it was now his responsibility to get it off the road and he was liable if anyone hit it. So we had to take a day off of work, go borrow a trailer to hail the junk mower back home...

They just get them out of the area, grind off the serial number and call it homebuilt when they register it.

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Ya unfortunately the rivets rusted and the serial plate fell off. Other than the financial loss (not springing for a new trailer yet), I put about 24 hours of labor into removing all the rust and repainting it in the Spring.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals