Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hey friends! Been working hard at getting the winter mods into the truck. Today I'm at about 95% of the way to getting everything reinstalled in the truck so I can get in some test drives this holiday weekend. I now have a Circle D 3b converter (3500 stall), MSD 2-step, and an SFI flexplate. I'm hoping these help wake the truck up and bring down the atrocious 60' times I was getting on the stock converter. Below are a couple videos for your viewing pleasure. Help me out by liking and subscribing to my channel on Youtube.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 32B05A80BF19AF Expires: July 1st, 2020

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Only able to get in 1 test drive this weekend. Making some tuning tweaks to hopefully bring this trans to where we want it. Tracks open in a month or so for TnT so the clock is ticking! Latest video below (includes a test drive!)

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
After some consideration, foot braking wasn't getting the full benefit of the new converter so I installed a transbrake today. Track opens in 3 weeks and I'm quite excited to test it out! Still working through getting the trans tune sorted out so hopefully it'll be reading for the first TnT of the season.

For those considering adding a transbrake to your 6R80, make sure to verify any labels provided by the manufacturer as the 3.7 harness differs from the 5.0 harness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoaZ4fmNcSI

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
First TnT was today and boy was it an emotional roller coaster. If anyone knows how to disable a limiter within the tune that limits transbraking to 2500 rpm, I will be eternally grateful!