• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Double din radio w backup camera

CaseIHRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
Hi, wondering if anyone has put a double din radio in their ranger. If so let me know what brand etc. I found a few online but I'm not sure if they'll fit right or not....
Thanks

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Any standard double din will fit with the correct brackets and some very minor bezel trimming.

Last edited:

CrabGuy

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2004-Bone stock
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Why should I pay someone else to screw it up when I can screw it up myself for free?
I have a Pioneer AVH-290BT Double Din with backup camera. It's not the newest model available but works fine for me. It plays CD's, Android Auto, and BT. I wish it it had a remote device for volume and general functions but it at least works good with my phone. The back up camera functions great, especially when connecting my boat. My only beef with it is the touch screen controls are a pain while driving but it sounds great through my upgraded speakers.

20220508_135154.jpg

Deiimos

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Yeah these will fit standard double din’s fine, but I did have to trim my bezel as mentioned to fit the stereo height, was easy to do.

I’m using an older Pioneer and it works okay, but kinda old. I don’t like the push button volume though, I do have a remote for it I keep on the seat when listening to stuff so I can change the volume easier, otherwise it's a pain to adjust while actually driving. I have a backup camera as well, but have not installed it yet. Most head units these days should be able to run a backup camera, just have to check the features / specs / camera requirements if any. My dash kit was just a cheap one from ebay that included the harness for under $16 total, was way cheaper than even Walmart, and they didn't have what I needed in stock anyway.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Don’t remember the brand offhand but my green 00 Ranger has a double DIN DVD player in it. Looks like it was just minor trimming to fit. Kinda would like to see if I can find one with Nav, but otherwise it works well. Previous owner also replaced the visors with ones that have screens so I actually rigged the backup camera to that

CavVet2

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
I just installed a double din Kenwood DDX57S in my 98 today. Had to trim the top and bottom of the opening to fit right but it looks factory now that I’m finished. Told my wife that I used to install car stereos and cb’s for a living when I was 18 right before I went into the Army and if I’d ever taken all day to do one like I did today they would have fired me. She reminded me that I’m now 67, not 18.
mine has a DVD/CD, HD radio, and apple carplay. The single sun I took out had the screen that came out and was as blocking my center AC vents.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals