• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Double Din in a 1st gen?

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well christmas is coming up and its my last christmas with my family! i think i want to do a complete stereo upgrade on my B2, i would really like a double din deck in my B2. Any experiences with this how to do it, complications etc? Also some secondary questions would it be possible to do some cutting to fit bigger tweeters in the front or are there some good tweeters you guys have used to put up there that can keep up with bigger ones? Also my dad has some old 6x9s out of his suby thats hes not using anymore theyre in boxes, but if i took them out and put them into the rear plastic panels in the back would they still work to the same effect? So basically do they need to be in a box in order to sound good i dont think so because the boxes dont have any ports on them. Thanks guys let me know your car audio experiences with your RBV :D One of my concerns is that the audio will be heavy towards the back, 2 12" subs and those 6x9s competing with the litle 3 micron wide tweeters up front.

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
i was gonna put a dd in mine but chose not to since i would have to move my heater controls, i built a coustom center console and was gonna have it go all the way up around my shifter then tie in with the dash and up under the dash i was gonna put the dd there and ended up not having enough money so u could put it there instead of cutting up the dash

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals