• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Door panel swap 2002 Ranger...

GT350HR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Nothing but Fords
My 2002 was about as base as you could get.. I wanted a few "conveniences" so I added Explorer "dual" visors for $20 ( haven't powered the mirrors yet). Months ago I scored an AMFM ,cassett/CD. at the local junk yard for $25. Then just last week I found door panels with the "pocket" at the bottom front and thin padding on top.. They use different screw attachment points so I grabbed all of the snap in hardware and an overhead hand grab too for the passenger side. $45 . Twenty minutes later was all I needed to make the transformation .. Stupid little things to many but they make it more enjoyable for "me" for less than $100 total.
Randy

Oxxon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Could you post some before and after pics?

Busypees

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Nice Randy, would love to see some pics and I plan on grabbing some dual visors next time Im at the JY too!

GT350HR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Nothing but Fords
I'm not really a picture guy . Too old and not smart enough for a smart phone. No before except to show what I took put. Most people think I'm crazy but I the stuff is inexpensive and easy to swap. Now I don't have to "sit" on my wallet and the slight padding is easier on my arm.. When doing the dual visors from the Explorer , "I" pulled the visors and the center piece so i made sure I had it all correct and I'm glad I did. I thought about the wiring for the vanity mirrors but figured I could do that later if the wife complained. She wanted the hand pull above the door more than mirror lights. I still have rubber mats and think I'll leave it that way. this is not a show truck in any way. I'm pretty dumb because I do thigns like remove a perfectly fine bed liner and replace it with one that has the Ford logo. I also replaced the side mirrors with the "pod like" ones instead of the standard flat ones. Hardly any difference in viewing , but what "I" wanted. Same for the chrome grill I added and removed a perfectly fine flat black one. If I find some good ones , I may add chrome bumpers if they show up at the local pick a part.
I'll work on the picture thing.
Randy

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals