• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Door Panel Help!!!

sluhbmet

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My 95 Ranger door panels have horrible looking "heat warped" pads (the part where you rest your arm) on them. It looks like they have come unglued at the bottom or something, but stiff enough to cause problems glueing back in place. Is this common on Rangers of that era and can they be repaired or replaced without having to buy the whole door panel. I tried the local salvage yards, but their door panel arm pads were just as bad as mine. I haven't mustered up the courage to call the dealership yet. Any suggestions?

sluhbmet

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
Well, it's not real common but it happens in a lot of vehicles not just Rangers. The best way to do it is check your local Interior shops. They may do ya a deal to make them your way. Plus you don't have old stuff from a yard that could repeat what yer goin through now. I got mine redone in red for $60.

CSyd77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1993
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6/3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
got the same problem only with my window crank covers. they keep popping off

apmurphy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i don't know for sure about the older panels but i recovered mine in vinyl. if you take the panel off, the arm section should be plastic-welded together at certain points. i just drilled out the attach points and took out the arm section and re-wrapped it. took some inginuity to figure out how to get it back on but there were some tabs that stuck through the back that i put some drywall screws though that hold it in place sold.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals