• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Door Not Closing Handle Stuck Up

GrumpierGrunt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 3.0 FF
1999 ford ranger v6 FF single cab.

My driver side door handle stays in the up position when I open it. If I go to close it in the up position, it just bounces right off the striker. If I fiddle with the latch or put the door handle down, it’ll close normally.

any help is appreciated.

ThatOneGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1983 1993
Make / Model
Ranger Explorer
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Explorer is 4.0 ranger is 2.3 soon to be 4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
My credo
Let the universe take you where it will !!!
Sounds like it could just be froze up a bit inside, some corrosion or could be a broken return spring. I would use pb blaster or equivalent to soak the internals and run the latch through its paces a few times to see if that frees it up. If not id take the panel off to actually look at it.

Ps i dont much belive in wd40 i see it as an electrical connecter dryer outer lol. Use something with an oil that will stick around, once any corrosion is cleared o use a silicone spray lube on e brake ratchets, door mechanisms, and such other frequently used places. Sticks around much better, does a better job, i hate squeaks.

ThatOneGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1983 1993
Make / Model
Ranger Explorer
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Explorer is 4.0 ranger is 2.3 soon to be 4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
My credo
Let the universe take you where it will !!!
Glad you found the issue, but i get it who wants to pull a door panel if you can ask a question and get a secret tap here and twist this instant fix that requires near zero effort lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals