• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Doing work son.

rawrrediffer86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So I work at a junkyard. & its sad the trucks that come in. the other day someone tried junking a MINT 80s ranger. i about cried. hah. just had to vent. working at the bone yard sucks somedays. :(

Redneck_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It does... Unfortunately some people junk their vehicles just because of small, stupid things... I saw someone junking theirs because a fuse was blown and it wouldn't start.... Luckily saved that one. But leaking radiators, bad rear ends, etc...small, kinda easy fixes. It's a shame what you see sometimes.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
shoot the ford focus I bought was being junked b/c of a coil pack issue lol... fixed it and sold it for triple what I paid!

rawrrediffer86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It does... Unfortunately some people junk their vehicles just because of small, stupid things... I saw someone junking theirs because a fuse was blown and it wouldn't start.... Luckily saved that one. But leaking radiators, bad rear ends, etc...small, kinda easy fixes. It's a shame what you see sometimes.
the guy said he had no use for it nothing was wrong with it.. i told him if i had cash in my hand i would by it right then & there. he fully restored it & look fantastic. he only wanted 500 for it. i took his name & number gonna pick it up with my tax return if he still has it. cant bare seeing it rot away or get crushed like the 78 F250 Custom Crew cab long box that we got in a few months ago. it got smushed today. :( i teared up as it was happening. sniffles..

rawrrediffer86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
shoot the ford focus I bought was being junked b/c of a coil pack issue lol... fixed it and sold it for triple what I paid!
way to be man! :) make money if ya can! hah.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Mine was being scrapped for nothing more than a blown up engine, easy fix.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I found out that my 84 Bronco 2 was actually bound for the scrap yard originally but the previous owner who I bought it from actually saved it and planned on restoring it but had major health issues arise so it had to go, so now I have it and plan on slowly getting it restored, except if I do so I definitely will keep it around.

It truly is sad the number of vehicles that are junked just because the owner doesn't want it, because they have too much money to just go buy a brand new car instead of keeping their old one and driving it and being money a head.

I watched a 1989 Jeep Cherokee get dropped into the crusher the last time I went to the recycling center. Sad thing was the only issue with that jeep was it needed a new chain in the transfer case, the recycling center had been driving it around as a yard vehicle for several years, but didn't want to bother with a $80 chain WTF.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The sad reality is though that every one that dies can keep many more on the road.

Something had to die to give my Ranger its engine, something else for the trans... without that it was just another 30 year old truck that was blowing oil out the dipstick and had a leaky A4LD... basically kept it out of the junkyard itself.

Not to mention all the other little parts that went into it as well. 4wd linkage, fan shroud, msc brackets, Explorer belt drive, rear axle, interior, grille, tailgate...

Probably a year ago I found a mint restored S-10 in u-pull-it, really pretty blue color. Took a hard hit in the front, sad because you could tell from a mile away it was somebody's baby.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I bet the lead in every battery that every member here has is recycled.

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I do hate to see old vehicles go away, mostly because I don't much like the new ones. If I were ever rich I think I would have a collection of cars like Jay Leno or the like, but they would all be old, dirty and beat up.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I do hate to see old vehicles go away, mostly because I don't much like the new ones. If I were ever rich I think I would have a collection of cars like Jay Leno or the like, but they would all be old, dirty and beat up.
Awww so like you would have your own dog pound but with scruffy old unloved vehicles.:icon_thumby:

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Awww so like you would have your own dog pound but with scruffy old unloved vehicles.:icon_thumby:
Yup, and the ones beyond saving get put down and donate their parts to keeping the others running. It does sound silly, but looking at my current fleet I think I am getting there already. ;missingteeth; Either that or they get turned into track cars.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
People around me used to do just that then the government told them to cover it up or get rid of the neighborhood eyesore. More of the government sticking their nose where it dont belong.:dunno:

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
People around me used to do just that then the government told them to cover it up or get rid of the neighborhood eyesore. More of the government sticking their nose where it dont belong.:dunno:
Agreed brother I am Mohawk you are Seneca and we are of the 6 nation tribes of the Iroquois Confederacy Nia Wen that you are feirce as I

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals