• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

dodge to release 3.0 diesel into 1/2 ton ram

DFracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/ecodiesel/

For years, fans have dreamed of a diesel engine in a light duty truck. The 2014 Ram 1500 will make that dream a reality. Paired with the legendary TorqueFlite® 8 Eight-Speed Transmission, the 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 engine is the ultimate combination of power and innovation

jobar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I read about that. Pretty awesome in my opinion. However, the only plus that I see coming from it, is fuel mileage. I still prefer the f150 with a 5.0 coyote motor. I think the f150 is still rated to pull more though.

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm looking forward to the next few years. Seems that auto makers are going to start pushing more diesels.

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Interesting. However, other countries have had diesels in light duty trucks for many years, and most of those trucks get in the low 30's for fuel economy as well. Here in the US with all of the nonsense emissions junk these engines will be lucky to hit 20mpg or even mid 20's for economy. By the time you add the emissions garbage you end up choking the life out of the engine making it work harder and thus reducing fuel economy.

Dodge lost my vote when they got rid of the 318/360 engines, and then the last time I saw a Ram 1500 the electronic knob for a gear shift completely did me in.

I loved my 99 dodge ram 1500 but it had the 318V8 and 5 speed manual transmission. Auto companies cater way too much to lazy people as a result manual transmissions are going away and being replaced with more and more electronics.

Ok, back on topic LOL. A diesel truck would be nice, however really an 8 speed automatic transmission do they think this is a long haul semi-truck? Do they really need 8 gears? Seems to me there's gonna be a lot of transmission issues with these transmissions constantly searching for the proper gear. The 6 speed and even the 5 speed transmissions found in many newer vehicles were stretching it a bit far then, now 8 speeds LOL.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals