• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dodge Ram SRT10

Bob Ayers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i like the ford sticker on the back.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
my uncle had one, he let me borrow it for the weekend and i left my 10-flat '97 camaro at his house while i was gone.............on sunday i was dying to give his keys back, and he was reluctant to hand mine back. i was truly disappointed in both power and handling. until i remembered it was a dodge and was no longer suprised

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
my uncle had one, he let me borrow it for the weekend and i left my 10-flat '97 camaro at his house while i was gone.............on sunday i was dying to give his keys back, and he was reluctant to hand mine back. i was truly disappointed in both power and handling. until i remembered it was a PICKUP TRUCK and was no longer suprised
Fixed it for ya.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
Fixed it for ya.
i meant in comparison to the lightning (that has 2 less cylinders, and 2+ less litres) which i have also driven. in fact as power goes it felt more like a silverado SS than a lightning. but his was also a quad cab, with an auto like that one, and had a long bed. i imagine that a shortbed, single cab, with a 6 speed would do a lot better

Ktmkris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
cammeddrz if you drove a v10 with a long bed that was not a srt truck, reason for it being so slow. The v10 standard rams have a totally different engine than the viper v10. I have also driven numerous lightning's that I have owned and a srt10 automatic ram. The ram was wayyyyyy faster.

All srt rams are one of two ways.... regular cab short bed which has a 6spd, and quad cab short bed automatic. There was never a long bed srt truck.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Roll over waiting to happen.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The Lightning, SRT-10 and even SS are neat trucks, personally I like the banshee like howl from the Lightning more than anything.

Sport trucks are kind of odd in-between vehicles. They will get the tar kicked out of them by very much lesser cars on the track and they will also get the tar kicked out of them by very much lesser trucks doing truck things.

Even though the SRT-10 has more than 100hp on the 2nd gen Lightning I am seeing pretty close times on the internet, mid 13's for a std cab SRT-10 and upper 13's for the extended cab SRT-10 and Lightning. Not enough of a difference to live on, it would be a very winnable race for either truck depending on how the drivers do their part IMO.

The sport trucks are kinda neat... I would rather have a car and do it better with less though. :icon_thumby:

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Cool, a one post grave digger.

BTW, Dodge puts their badges on crooked.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
:shok:

i have a hard time with people that have driven the lightening and srt trucks bagging on either. too close to call for me. the lightening is a better deal imo all around on initial purchase.

i was nothing short of thrilled in any of these trucks no matter what seat i was in.:dunno:

i certainly like the looks of the reg dodge much better then the jelly bean ford though. that gen ford i truly care not to look at. the first gen lightening with a gen 2 engine would be a better setup for my tastes.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Full size trucks don't make good race vehicles. They're to heavy to go fast, or handle really well. A well setup Ranger can perform better than either of them, and be much cheaper.

Ktmkris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
stmitch don't be so sure of that. There are many full size trucks that will smoke most cars at the drag strip. One being these heavy 3/4 and 1 ton diesel trucks They pull better 60ft times than most cars and these same truck can be driven to the drag strip, tuned to race, detuned to drive back home and get 20 miles per gallon. The 4 wd makes the trucks not need slicks.

How do I know this? I have a 2007.5 dodge 2500 4x4 regular cab putting out 650 to the tires. I can race all these bad cobras putting out 6oo+hp and spank them at the drag strip? These cars are so light they just spin.

So don't write of all full size trucks.

Secondly having owned many lightnings and a srt ram I can say they are both very strong vehicles, the lightning is way more easy to hot rod. Pulleys and such. Stock for stock right now they are priced very competitively when you look at miles not just prices. There is a quad cab 06 srt truck for $13,500 in my town. But stock for stock the srt feels a lot faster and I have raced lightnings and easily beat them, but I am talking stack for stock vehicles. It seams to me the little 5.4 doesn't have all the torque of the big monster 8.3

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals