• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Do I sue?

red93terror

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys. got a tale of heartbreak here. I recently broke up with a girl i was with for 5 years. now shes on facebook and myspace saying very nasty things about me publicly. like that im a piece of sh** because i lost my job, and that i um...you know...my sister. that one is completely untrue. never in a million years. shes from new jersey and moved down here to tn, and says everybody down here commits incest. then said she hopes i get murdered or killed in a car wreck. anyway i, out of stupidity, fired back a nasty comment of my own when my friend brought the stuff to my attention, and promptly got an email from her mother saying she was suing me for defamation and insulting islam. theyre muslim, and i dont want to offend any muslims on here, but when somebody calls you a pathetic pig eating christian piece of crap, you tend to not think about what you say. but i mean what makes it ok for them to say this stuff, repeatedly mind you, about me, but they have the right to sue me for defending myself? should i file suit? i cant believe i wasted 5 years of my life on her. im not looking to get money out of them, i just want to see them forced to stop. what bothers me is that her mother is saying all this, yet when she kicked my ex out, i took her in and gave her a home. and once i gave, not lent, gave her mother 200 bucks to buy groceries. she spent it on pot and pills. hurts. she has never worked. just used people to get what she wants. new guy every few months. and shes 60. sad. and thats really what hurts the most. what do i do?

EnglishDan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Number 1... get off facebook, it will just wind you up

Number 2... cut off all ties with her - completely

Number 3... move on

Tiollib

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well, I'm not a lawyer, but what she is doing by putting all of that out in public it is considered slander and defamation. I would go to get some legal council, before counteracting. Thats if they want to push it as far as they say they want to.

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
Number 1... get off facebook, it will just wind you up

Number 2... cut off all ties with her - completely

Number 3... move on
Very well put she is not worth the time and effort or headache

Well, I'm not a lawyer, but what she is doing by putting all of that out in public it is considered slander and defamation. I would go to get some legal council, before counteracting. Thats if they want to push it as far as they say they want to.
legal council would cost more than its worth.

superdave1984

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Even if you get a court order to tell them to stop, it's about as worthless as toilet paper. If they want to spread crap like that, they will. be the bigger person, use your head, ignore it, move on with your life. You're better off without her. Hell, you're in Knoxville. Find a better woman. They are in ample supply there.

Epixstar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
ignore it and move on she is trying to get under your skin

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Since when in the ***k could you sue for "insulting islam"? That's the biggest wad of horse you-know-what I've ever heard...

Contact myspace/facebook administration, they may be able to ban her...

red93terror

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
Man i tried cutting ties completely. i deleted her from fb, but my friend brought that to my attention, she comes to my house all the time wanting her mail, she refuses to changer her address, even though she no longer lives here, and i have moved on. i have a new girl, but the ex just will not allow me to move on. she went at my new girl, i called the cops, she split and the cops wouldnt go after her. i needed to get a warrant. couldnt do that, no grounds, i tried to get a restraining order but they said until she changes her address she has a right to come get her mail, and i dont know her new add to forward it to her.

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like a good ol' 200ft restraining order is, well, in order... if she violates it, she goes to jail... sounds like a surefire way to get rid of her to me!

Edit: Bah i didn't read the whole post... there has to be some statute that will still allow you to get a restraining order... go to the head sheriff/cheif....

red93terror

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
Since when in the ***k could you sue for "insulting islam"? That's the biggest wad of horse you-know-what I've ever heard...

Contact myspace/facebook administration, they may be able to ban her...
you can sue for anything nowadays. i could probably sue you if your screen name offended me. its that stupid. and the biggest reason i left her guys, and this is really scary, is that she started in with that radical islam bullsht. she kept saying you watch, america will get what it deserves. allah will make it so.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Well, I'm not a lawyer, and most of my knowledge of the law is specific to PA, and a suit like that would be handled at the state or local level. So your local laws may vary somewhat, but here is my take on this. You are both guilty of it crossing a line that shouldn't have been crossed.

You can't really get in too much trouble even if they win their lawsuit, which is not likely given that she started it.

If you are going to get in any trouble for anything you said about their faith, again not likely since no court is going to want to touch that one, they will likely have to prove that the actually PRACTICE it. Not call themselves Muslims and then sit there and do whatever, but are actual practicing, believing, and faithful follower, which it doesn't sound like they are.

I wouldn't bother filing a counter suit, they will likely not get too far with theirs and I wouldn't bother hiring a lawyer until you are actually served.

In any event they have to prove that you have cost them employability or some other form of income before they'll be given any sort of monetary award. Worst that could likely happen is you have to issue a formal public apology and do some community service.

Do what Dan said and just let it go.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
she kept saying you watch, america will get what it deserves. allah will make it so.
wow. she is obviously very sick in the head and delusional.

Step back from the sitation and just think about it. Kind of makes you laugh at how pathetic she is. This is what im gathering. You have moved on, and supposedly she has too. But she still talks about you, still comes over, refuses to change address, threatening to sue (which dont worry, that isnt going to happen dude, its empty threats).

As far as the address thing, that is the biggest load of shit ever. Thats like saying the previous resident of my house still has rights to come here because they never changed their address and i get their mail all of the time.

You need to go file a restraining order, it takes nothing but some money and your info/signature. Have a police officer serve her and her mother with it. Next time they come over, be very calm and collective... and take a picture of her!!!! with a time stamp. Or even video. Stop stressing out abou this.

As for the stuff on FB and myspace or whatever. Send them an email with a PrntScrn image of the stuff posted so there is no denying it and they will handle them.

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
you can sue for anything nowadays. i could probably sue you if your screen name offended me. its that stupid. and the biggest reason i left her guys, and this is really scary, is that she started in with that radical islam bullsht. she kept saying you watch, america will get what it deserves. allah will make it so.
Get it in writing or txt message, then that's a terroristic threat...

red93terror

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
Well, I'm not a lawyer, and most of my knowledge of the law is specific to PA, and a suit like that would be handled at the state or local level. So your local laws may vary somewhat, but here is my take on this. You are both guilty of it crossing a line that shouldn't have been crossed.

You can't really get in too much trouble even if they win their lawsuit, which is not likely given that she started it.

If you are going to get in any trouble for anything you said about their faith, again not likely since no court is going to want to touch that one, they will likely have to prove that the actually PRACTICE it. Not call themselves Muslims and then sit there and do whatever, but are actual practicing, believing, and faithful follower, which it doesn't sound like they are.

I wouldn't bother filing a counter suit, they will likely not get too far with theirs and I wouldn't bother hiring a lawyer until you are actually served.

In any event they have to prove that you have cost them employability or some other form of income before they'll be given any sort of monetary award. Worst that could likely happen is you have to issue a formal public apology and do some community service.

Do what Dan said and just let it go.
they only "practice" it when convenient. now I know were all guilty of that. im not a hardcore christian, but i do believe and i like not to have my faith insulted. but they will eat pork, drink, do drugs, but for example, once i tripped over something at their house, and said oh god that hurt. and she SCREAMED at the top of her lungs DONT BRING THAT SON OF A B**** JESUS IN MY HOUSE!!

mini274

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sounds like its her mom that just wants money out of you for drugs to mee

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals