• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Do I Need A Gun Belt? Answer inside...

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Let me start by saying I was the number 1 doubter of a gun belt...I never once complained about how my IWB holster felt, the weight of the gun, or anything. I have the Tennessee Vols belt from College Station and seemed to work fine.
I said there's no way a belt can make that much difference for daily carrying. A belt is a belt is a belt right?

Since I love my Theis holster so much, I decided this was the belt I wanted to try: http://theisholsters.com/belts.php. AFTER texting a friend of mine for awhile trying to either talk myself into spending the money or out of it completely. He has the Thesis Holster (per my recommendation) and went one step farther with the Jake Belt.

I got my "Jake Belt" today. All I can say is AMAZING. All belts ARE NOT created equal. The gun sits sturdy in the Thesis Holster against my side right where I put it. I can sit down and my gun doesn't try to push out the side. I can move more without worrying about the placement of my gun... It seems to hold in the holster tighter. That might sound crazy since it's the same holster but that's the only way I can describe it.

I guess the moral of the story is: It's hard to make yourself believe you need a $70 belt, but you do if you carry daily. It's night and day difference (even though I never complained before....). I'll never go back to carrying the IWB holster (or any other) with a normal belt.

I'll upload pics as soon as photobucket works again.

Last edited:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
The Jake Belt!

Notice the thickness of the Jake Belt, of course it's still new but my other belt won't even stand up on it's own

My old belt (the thin one) vs the Jake Belt

Notice how tight it fits in the Kydex clips of the holster. It's perfect. Well thought out.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Just an update, the Jake Belt is awesome.. works out great. HUGE Improvement over the old belt.

However, I have switched to a SOE EDC Belt.. not b/c I had issues with the Jake Belt, just b/c I wanted a webbed belt instead of the leather again.

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I use a wilderness tactical 5 stitch web belt. Have had it over a year now of EDC and has been great. Especially for the price.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals