• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Djm beams

93splash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L of pure power :)
Transmission
Manual
I have a 97 ranger ext cab 2wd step side. 2.3 5 speed. i just picked up the other week for 1400:yahoo: I will have pictures when i get my camera working lol.

Anyway now to the ?

I traded some stuff for some djm i beams and a flip kit for the rear. Now that i got looking at them and read on the site i think they are for the 83-88 rangers not the 89-97 i beams that i need. The ball joints are pressed into the ibeam itself not that spindle like on my truck :bawling:

so.. is there a way i could still use these??? or should i just sell them?

I have looking at the search menu but i cant find anything about the other and newer ibeams and converting them if that is even possible.

thanks and i will have pictures of the truck when i can.

offtopic- anyidea how to change my user name. I used to have a 93 splash

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
options are to sell them and buy the correct beams for your year or you can pickup some spindles, brakes, hubs off the 1st gen and put them on. but the 89+ rangers do have better brakes as well as better alignment possibilities due to the adjustable eccentrics that are available for them.

93splash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well i already have all the beams, flip kit, spindles and brake rotors but no cailpers all for a first gen. came with the deal but i dont want to downgrade my truck to first gen parts or maybe have it not take a alignment.

pshycopete- how much would you be thinking for the beams and a flip kit? i can provide pictures and where are you located? im located in maine so... idk how to ship them but i could learn lol.

thanks for the answer slammedxonair. :icon_thumby:

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
UPS web site or go to a ups store. I would pull the spindles off to ship them since he probably does not need them. I ship these things all the time lol. Weight on the beams together is about 60lbs I would say shipping should not be more than $35 looking at your locations. Also the flip kit is the same from 83-97. I would say $250-300 is fair depending on condition of the powder coating. You guys could use my site to get an idea of what I sell them for new to compaire.

93splash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
here is a picture of them

the powdercoat is in good condition, i can get better pictures, i just snapped that one real quick with my cell phone.. the bushings are in good shape and same with the ball joints.

if you want any detailed pictures then just ask. i will go to ups tomorrow after work to see how much they would take to ship.

slammedxonair- thanks for the help

jetcjcski

July STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Hey not trying to thread jack, but I was just browsing around the forums and I have a I-beam & Flip kit for your ranger. It was on a 1994 Mazda B-3000. I will have to look around the garage to make sure I can find both flip brackets but I would be willing to sell them real cheap since they've been taking up room for 2-3 years now.

I will get back to here in the next couple days with pics and what I find. I know I don't have the eccentrics because I torched the springs on my old truck so it had to keep them.

93splash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
jetcjcski- let me know whats going on with just the beams. i may be interested.

physcopete- any idea if you want them or not? im just trying to keep track of whats going on.

thanks

jetcjcski

July STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
93splash-

I found the beams, the paint is flaking off, but as long as your not parking it somewhere with mirrors underneath no one will see it, especially with your truck that low.

I have no idea what shipping would be but I'm guessing 40-50 bucks... I will have to box them up good and stop by the UPS store. It would be cool to get 100 bucks for them but depending on how ridiculous shipping is and what you're willing to pay I get negotiate. They are 352.90 shipped to my door from summit racing so its a decent deal since these probably have less than 20k miles on them. (I got sick of scraping)

jetcjcski

July STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Also you would have to buy eccentrics to adjust camber (30 bucks from napa when I did it 6 years ago) and use your original hardware and balljoints.

mini274

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
93 if you dont buy the beams from jet let me know ill take them

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Dang... What a dilemma you all are in.

I was going to say that you should just stay with the beams that you have and just get calipers to swap over. Then it would all be complete, BUT here's the catch. You'll only be able to find 2 degree bushings for the 83-88 drop beams. So, what you should do with your beams and whether you're wanting to buy Jetski's beams and do a proper (and more versatile drop) is up to you.

PsychoPete, I thought you lowered your truck a long time ago? I was confused when you asked to buy them because of that. Hahaha!

93splash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
physcopete- can i have your address and ill try to find a box that will fit them and get you a shipping quote. are you wanting the beams and the flip kit?

jet- could i have a picture of the beams i am interested in them. and i know i would have to buy the camber eccentrics for them. thanks

mini274- i will let you know whats going on as soon as i know. haha

insane- it is quite a dilemma isnt it.\

sorry guys i havent been on the computer in a few days but i will be on now to check my thread.

thanks all

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
physcopete- can i have your address and ill try to find a box that will fit them and get you a shipping quote.
PM Sent. :D

PsychoPete, I thought you lowered your truck a long time ago?
I wish! Been on the todo list for a long time. So far only have rebuilt the original 2.9L, now 5.0L swap and some interior work. Needs body work and repainted, hope to get started on that this winter and finish the interior. This summer I just want to drive the thing. :icon_twisted: Sat for a long time, having a lot of fun now that it's moving again.

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Ah, then I must've remembered you talking about lowering yours around the same time I got my brought down...

93splash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
physocpete- sent you a pm

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals