• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

dirt 3

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i just installed dirt 3 and its extremely laggy. like to the point i cant do any thing at all, i opened up the task manager and it only showed about 5% cpu usage, and 70% ram usage. i didnt even get into a race that was just during the "code masters" and "dirt 3" logo's at the beginning.

im running an amd triple core at 3.1 gigs, with 2 gigs kingston ram, and an ati radeon hd5400 1 gig ddr2 graphics card. windows 7 64 bit. 250 gig sata drive which is of course full.

below are the minimum specs and i meet them, any idea what is going on? i can play skyrim on high detail with no lag.

Minimum specifications
Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.8 GHz / Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz
2 GB RAM
15 GB Hard Drive Space
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 2000 Series 256 MB / NVIDIA GeForce 8000 Series 256 MB
DirectX Compatible Sound Card
DirectX 9

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so after posting this i looked a little bit online and people are saying that the directx 10 is extremely harsh. so i reverted the game back to dx9, and it works fine now. on max settings with no lag.

who knows maybe this post will be helpful to others

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Yeah, sometimes upgrades can cause system issues...good to see you found an answer on-line...that's usually the first place I check with new software...I think I might try searching before I install new stuff in the future to know what to expect...and find fixes at the same time...

Just upgraded my VP and firewall and a few things went whacky...

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah last night i updated my graphics drivers, then skyrim wouldnt work, so i had to find drivers it would work with. if any one is wondering you need the catalyst 12.4, and the 12.4 cap1, not sure about the cap1 but why not install it.

has new drivers for sniper elite v2, and other games.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals