• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Difference between USA Ford Ranger and Euro for Ranger

jackgilligfc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger, Limited
Engine Type
2.0 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
Hi,

I am in the process of buying a pick up truck camper from Go Fast Campers in the USA. They make it for the USA Ford Ranger, and I have been working on the basis that it will also fit the Euro ford ranger. Before I actually get it built and shipped, I would like to do what I can to check that the Euro ranger and the USA ranger are the same for relevant dimensions.

Is anyone able to help with the comparable dimensions, these being bed length (seem the same) bed width (also seem the same), height of load box (a key measurement) and height of the truck cab from the loadbox bed.

If anyone is able to help with this - or where I could look, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
What year? The new USA Rangers are almost identical to the European ones as far as style and demensions, however pre 2019 they are completely different trucks and not even close to the same size.

jackgilligfc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger, Limited
Engine Type
2.0 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2020 - so I appreciate they are almost identical, and I know that some of the changes are around the front end. I guess it boils down to what amount of the truck comes out of port elizabeth (is it the cab and the load box?) or just the cab and the chasis? and what gets done in the USA for the US model, and wherever it is for the Euro model.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
A bunch of folks here own the 2019/2020 USA version so I'm sure they can measure and give you the exact bed dimensions when they wake up. It's still early over here. (y)

jackgilligfc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger, Limited
Engine Type
2.0 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
That would be very much appreciated - I then need to measure up a UK on (I havent been able to measure a UK version yet as I am yet to buy the truck, and all car dealerships are closed due to Covid)

Jack

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Welcome from across the pond! As Dirtman mentioned, the 2019+ Rangers should be identical frame/ bodywise. I would think that a camper that fits a US spec truck should fit a UK/ Euro spec truck all things being equal. I do believe that there are a few different sizes of beds that the US spec truck can have, not sure of what the options are for the UK/ Euro, but make sure that your camper is designed for the bed/ frame that your truck has.

I will let some of our members with the current style Ranger chime in on actual dimensions

AJ

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way

jackgilligfc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger, Limited
Engine Type
2.0 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
Welcome from across the pond! As Dirtman mentioned, the 2019+ Rangers should be identical frame/ bodywise. I would think that a camper that fits a US spec truck should fit a UK/ Euro spec truck all things being equal. I do believe that there are a few different sizes of beds that the US spec truck can have, not sure of what the options are for the UK/ Euro, but make sure that your camper is designed for the bed/ frame that your truck has.

I will let some of our members with the current style Ranger chime in on actual dimensions

AJ
Thanks - yeah, we have different bed sizes, but that is driven by the cab size you get i.e. a SuperCrew (in the UK called a Double cab) is a 5ft bed, and in the SuperCab (in the Uk also called a Super cab) is a 6ft bed.

jackgilligfc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger, Limited
Engine Type
2.0 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
So, I have gone through and taken the published dimensions between the UK and the USA. they are similar but not the same. I find it hard to believe that Ford make different fundamental sizes within the margin of 1 or 2 inches, but then I'm not sure where which bits of the Ranger are made.

USA (5ft Styleside)UK Double Cab (Limited edition)UK Double Cab (limited edition)UK Double Cab (Wildtrak)UK Double Cab (Wildtrak)
CARGO BOX SIZE(inches)(mm)Inches(mm)Inches
inside Length (at floor)61.0161363.50157562.01
Width between wheel houses44.8113944.84113944.84
Inside height20.851120.1254121.30
cargo box volume43.3
Load Height (unladen)84033.0785733.74

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Euro Rangers are available in Regular Cab (longest bed), Supercab (shorter bed), and four door (shortest bed). The Regular Cab is not available in the U.S.
Also I'm not sure about the U.K. but I know the rest of Europe uses 220 volt electricity where the U.S. uses 120 volts so if you're getting a camper from the U.S. you should make sure they can get the electrics right. My European travels are limited to Italy.

jackgilligfc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger, Limited
Engine Type
2.0 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
Thanks - so do you think that the load box on the 4 door US version should be exactly the same dimensions (externally) as on the UK / Euro version. Fortunately / unfortunately depending on how you look at it, there is no power in the camper I am getting so that wont be an issue. I' just concerned with it arriving, and then not sitting neatly on the load box!

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Thanks - so do you think that the load box on the 4 door US version should be exactly the same dimensions (externally) as on the UK / Euro version. Fortunately / unfortunately depending on how you look at it, there is no power in the camper I am getting so that wont be an issue. I' just concerned with it arriving, and then not sitting neatly on the load box!
I'm not finding anything that shows the different box lengths but looking at Ford of Italy's website they appear to be the same as the U.S. version.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals