• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Diesel Ranger

Josh222

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Picked up this old ranger that has been a farm truck most of it's like and boy does it need some work haha. It's a 1987 4x4 5spd long bed with the 2.3L diesel I towed home a few months ago. It had a cracked cylinder head so I ended up getting a new Hyundai made head along with a new cam and roller rocker setup. I am in the middle of rebuilding the front end with a proper lift kit, plus every bushing, ball joint, seal, u-joint, wheel bearings, tie rod end, brakes etc are getting replaced with new parts. Still waiting on some new Coil spring buckets to come because someone cut off the ears that hold the top of the coil spring in place to fit some sort of pulley as a spring spacer:dunno:

Here are the home made drop brackets for the front of the beams:shok: they never dropped the radius arms so the castor was angled forward. It drove like shit.

Here someone even welded an Allen key to the knuckle instead of buying a new slide pin.

Here is a custom alternator mounting setup with one half going to the frame rail and the other to the rad support, the belt tension is variable as the engine moves.

Here is the low lift cam I pulled out of the head while I was working on it.

A whole pile of parts I have got for it so far.

Head off

Back together.

Pulling front apart

Some new bushings and paint, spring isolator and lift spring.

Still plenty to do but I am making progress anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals