• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

diesel ranger 2.2 NEED HELP WITH DIVORCED XFER CASE OR 4WD MAZDA TRANNY

96RedRanger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi, I have a 83 ford ranger 2.2 diesel with the 4 speed mazda tranny
I have read that i can swap my bellhousing onto a rx7 trans to gain a 5 speed, but i dont really care about that. I have also read that i can do the same with a b2200 trans, however i dont think they came in 4x4. So here is my question

Is there a transmission that i can swap in that has 4wd. It doesnt matter to me what side drop.

Or what transfer case could i divorce/use to make it 4wd. I was hoping that i could use a 1350 and wire the electric motor to work on a toggle switch

i also read and decided that a samurai divorced transfer case would be nice, or i could use a heavy ass np205

Looking under the truck i can see that im gonig to need to change my gas tank placement.

The axle im planning on using is a dana 30, I have it sitting in my garage from another failed project.
i want to mount it leafsprung, aol and have just enough lift for like 32's

soooo basicaly i need alot of help with the transfer case.

thanks is advance

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
if it is the tk4 i think you can swap your bell to a fm146 or fm145 from a gen one ranger

96RedRanger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Its not, the transmission looks like this
bbbbbbbbbbbbbb.png

I found out that the transmission wasnt offered in 4wd, so now im deciding what transfer case to use. A dana 24, or a samurai divorced unit

96RedRanger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well, Today i got my axles, I got a dana 30 and a 35 for 120 with stock springs, u bolts and all the brakes. They have 4.10s that will be perfect for my 32's
I also have a dana 24 lined up that i am debating on geting. How big is this transfer case? is this the best option for me, this is all i havent figured out yet

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals