• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dialup...

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
Lightning fast 26.4kbps...
Minimum of 4 redials before it actually connects. (it's to keep you guessing)
Random, yet frequent, disconnects.
Pictures?...What are pictures??
Videos!?!?!? Well now you're just fawkin crazy...

:pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff:

+1 i still have dial-up since i cant afford anything else in this "wonderful" ecomonmy....pics take foreverrrrrr to load, and people always try to show me a video of something....takes about 20 mins to load a 3 min video...lol

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
+1 i still have dial-up since i cant afford anything else in this "wonderful" ecomonmy....pics take foreverrrrrr to load, and people always try to show me a video of something....takes about 20 mins to load a 3 min video...lol
20 minutes!?!?!? Takes me about 2 hours!!! No joke! And if it freezes or disconnects, you can't refresh it without starting completely over. 56k is the biggest load of horse shit ever. It NEVER runs at 56k!

Last night, at about midnight, it was the fastest it's ever been. Ever. 49kb/s!!! I felt like I was surfing the internet in a Lamborghini...without an engine...or tires... Now I'm back at 26.4kb/s...

Buffering....Buffering..........Buffering
Oh god, if that isn't the truth... 3 minutes of loading/buffering = 3 seconds of video, then repeat over and over....and over....and over....................and over....................................and over.
________
Caodaism advice

Last edited:

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
I looked at those laptop wireless cards at bestbuy once. Different companies, different coverage, many different plans. Don't those have plans based on how much data is sent? Like if you download a shit ton of movies, you need a huge plan? That's the impression I got from the guy blabbering on about it. I wasn't really interested in it at the time, because I was back in Ohio with roadrunner.

Never did get to call that wireless place today, but it's on my agenda for tomorow a.m. Gotta get rid of this stone age shit. I can't believe my dad runs his business with this...
the verizon one that is 60 a month is unlimited

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
I might be looking into that. That sounds like a heck of a deal. I know verizon has good phone coverage. I'd assume it'd be the same for the wireless internet.
________
Black **** tube

Last edited:

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
yea pretty much anywhere you get a signal you get a nice speed and i used mine on the road all the time, for trips and stuff and never lost a signal, i watched youtube from the back of my moms van :)

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
im on my neabors wirless network and hes got dsl :headbang::thefinger::icon_idea: but he doesent know
me ad my best friend use to cruise neighborhoods with his laptop to find signal. as soon as we did wed hop on and find movie times and the such...its a beautiful thing!!

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
me ad my best friend use to cruise neighborhoods with his laptop to find signal. as soon as we did wed hop on and find movie times and the such...its a beautiful thing!!
funny i used to do the same thing haha, before i got my verizon and now comcast i would go to my sisters her neighborhood was FILLED with hot spots.

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
Verizon has never been unlimited. They just used the word "unlimited" in their plans but would terminate agreements with people if they went over a certain limit.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/10/ny_verizon.html

However AT&T has a $30/month unlimited package for your cell phones only BUT you can tether it to your laptop without them knowing if you use a windows mobile based phone with internet connection sharing. You can also use any other kind of phone as long as you make sure that your laptop is using the same login info as the phone. Now the funny thing is that if you pay them an extra $30 a month for them to let you tether the phone to your laptop then they cap your monthly allowance to 5GB.

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
yeah its 5 GIGs and the have a counter but i played WOW over it downloaded linux several times and constantly watched youtube and it never reached that 5 GIG if you P2P download (which i dont think your supposed to) it counts the data differently, i fried my aircard tho from using it so heavily but you would have to do some heavy downloading to hit that limit, my monthly data useages with comcast has never been over 5 gigs and download tons of stuff, i mean you would have to do some serious downloading to use that much data

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals