• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Delete account

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I've googled my name before, can't say I've ever had my TRS account pop up. This isn't like facebook. We don't put in our personal info, at least I hope not!

Edit:I take that back, its on the 2nd page, but no one ever goes to page 2!
I must be doing this digital footprint thing right. Googling my name and the town I live in I found my parents, my grand parents, an obituary for my recently deceased great aunt from Iowa that I wasn't mentioned in (an uncle that shares parts of my name was), and a few items actually pertaining to me that are matters of public record, like my high school graduation, and the wedding announcement we put in a local paper in 2010.

TRS didn't pop up, and before the end of page 3 nothing was even about my family. By page 4 I was getting real estate and time share listings. 90% of the results that did pertain to my family didn't even involve me except to say I either was, or may be, related to these people. I got more info about my dad than I did myself, and we don't have the same first or middle names.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I don't delete members with content. I don't want a bunch of posts that show a deleted user. I can change your username and email to something completely different though. Just make up a bogus username, and it's yours.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I don't delete members with content. I don't want a bunch of posts that show a deleted user. I can change your username and email to something completely different though. Just make up a bogus username, and it's yours.
Careful, Jim. If you told *me* to do that, I'd say "ok, make my username 'Bogus Username'". If he's anything like me, then.......

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Maybe it just me, but it seems like it's more active now that he wants it deleted. :unsure:

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
somehow its possible to delete a account. about a year ago i went through a divorce and had knowledge that my (now) ex was watching my postings on here, she even had her boyfreind post some negative untrue stuff about me as a reply to about 6 of my last posts. they were quicky took down and he was banned, but her account still existed, she just lurked, never posted. i was tinkering around and guessed her password to the account, (engineone ) and changed the password on her, this was about a week ago. last night i went to log into the account and that user name "no longer exists". which is strange. incidently, her boyfreinds account where they tried to defame me still is there, just as "banned" (realityfouryou) ive got enough information to pursue a legal case against them but not sure if it would really be worth it. ive thought about changing my own user name so i couldnt be searched but the hell with it, ive nothing to hide. i dont do fakebook or the other "social networks" that employers seems to look at, i just dont have that kind of time. really when the weathers nice, im not on here much.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
ive nothing to hide. i dont do fakebook or the other "social networks" that employers seems to look at, i just dont have that kind of time. really when the weathers nice, im not on here much.
This is how I look at it. If a potential employer wants to look through some of my rants about stuff from the last 10 years, fine. I'd actually welcome it, because I think if you would read my posts, in context, in a temporally linear order it would show how I've grown from the jackass I was in college.

Frankly, I have more to be worried about from my Disqus account, and that user name is far closer to my real name than this one is.

If anything is going to really get me in trouble from my on-line postings it will be the one from about 7 years ago that got me perma-banned from Ford's internal discussion board without even getting my written warning or my 2 week suspension first. I was incredibly frustrated over a nearly non-existent issue on a car, working from an SSM that didn't include the part numbers for the things it was telling us to replace. I posted in there asking if anyone knew the part number we needed, got a response referring us to said SSM, and responded to that telling the guy he was not helpful (I'd already said we had read that) and basically said that reading his response had been a waste of my time.

I was duly flamed hard on the board before I was banned, but the people who actually worked with me who read it thought it was funny, which to me means that it was about what I thought it was, but like many things I have posted on line, if you don't actually know me it would be very easy to take it the wrong way.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
but like many things I have posted on line, if you don't actually know me it would be very easy to take it the wrong way.
:icon_cheers:
Same...

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
but like many things I have posted on line, if you don't actually know me it would be very easy to take it the wrong way.
I think people in general are to up tight.

Back when i had facebook for a few months, i got banned from a local news channel facebook. One of the reporters got "assaulted" (the guy being interviewed pushed the reporter and told him to f*** off), they made a big hoopla about it on their FB page.

I simply responded "Maybe next time you should send (insert other reporter here) instead of (insert guy who got pushed here) because (other reporter) looks like he can handle himself".

That was it. I got permabanned although the news reporter/anchor who i mentioned could handle himself (along with like 30 others) liked the post.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
I think people in general are to up tight.

Back when i had facebook for a few months, i got banned from a local news channel facebook. One of the reporters got "assaulted" (the guy being interviewed pushed the reporter and told him to f*** off), they made a big hoopla about it on their FB page.

I simply responded "Maybe next time you should send (insert other reporter here) instead of (insert guy who got pushed here) because (other reporter) looks like he can handle himself".

That was it. I got permabanned although the news reporter/anchor who i mentioned could handle himself (along with like 30 others) liked the post.
People do seem to be more sensitive these days. Maybe is all the steroids in the milk and eggs at our local grocery store.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
I must be doing this digital footprint thing right. Googling my name and the town I live in I found my parents, my grand parents, an obituary for my recently deceased great aunt from Iowa that I wasn't mentioned in (an uncle that shares parts of my name was), and a few items actually pertaining to me that are matters of public record, like my high school graduation, and the wedding announcement we put in a local paper in 2010.

TRS didn't pop up, and before the end of page 3 nothing was even about my family. By page 4 I was getting real estate and time share listings. 90% of the results that did pertain to my family didn't even involve me except to say I either was, or may be, related to these people. I got more info about my dad than I did myself, and we don't have the same first or middle names.
the only reason TRS popped up for me was because of my moderator profile page.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
I'm scared to "Google" myself. It may tell me that I don't event exist and that this is all a dream...

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I'm scared to "Google" myself. It may tell me that I don't event exist and that this is all a dream...
I just "Googled" myself... ;missingteeth;

Apparently I've died 3 times in the last 8 years.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I just "Googled" myself... ;missingteeth;

Apparently I've died 3 times in the last 8 years.
One time my grandfather laid into my uncle after getting traffic tickets and insurance notices in the mail for an accident he caused while in Philly. My uncle had just gotten his license, and they lived in Erie.

The insurance company had two drivers with the same name and similar addresses at opposite corners of the state. That was a mess to clean up.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
When i Google myself i just get a bunch of ads for criminal background check sites... :whistle:

G8orFord

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC S/C
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
Just the right size to touch the ground.
When I google my name, most of what I get is references to the show "Dexter". I believe it was on HBO, but I never watched it. My first name is Dexter and my last name is evidently the same as a character on the show. I have to go about three pages deep to get any information about me. I'm obviously not very important.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals