• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dead mans guns...

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
California smells like burnt hair.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I think I discussed this, the current scope on my 6.5 creedmoor is a Bushnell 15x, besides being insanely over powered should work fine on my .17wsm, and the current scope on my .17wsm also a Bushnell but 10x should work fine on my .22?

Correct? I can just downgrade them all?

As long as I don't use a rimfire scope on a center-fire I'm good? All 3 have adjustable parallax and mil dot whatever's.

Only problem on the .22 is it has a dovetail, all my mounts are weaver so I need to find dovetail mount rings to put the Bushnell 10x on the marlin.

Last edited:

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Xanax shopping on Amazon you say.

I noticed you are not using Amazon smile. When you use the web address smile.amazon.com instead of just regular Amazon, they donate .5% of your purchase to a charity of your choice.

I support The Gun Owners Foundation, part of The Gun Owners of America.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
In CA if someone breaks into your house and gets injured on your property, they can sue you (and win).
I was going to say that's amazing but disgusting is a better word for it. In England they don't have stand your ground laws, they have retreat safely laws. A couple was asleep in their apartment and someone broke in, the husband woke up, grabbed his pistol and shot the guy when he came in the bedroom. He's going to jail.??? They expect you to "retreat safely" from your bed?

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Most scope I see for rimfire are either 4X, 6X, or 1-6X. 10X is going to be way too much, I think even fixed 6X is too much but you could probably make it work.

I don’t remember there being anything special to worry about rimfire like you do for air rifles. The impulse differences can break rifle scopes not made for air rifles or airsoft.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
The air rifle scope problem is "spring piston" guns that have a two direction recoil, they are the main scope eater of anything...

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
The Bushnell going on the .22 is 5-10x I think on 5 itll be good for 100 yards. Still a big (physically) for a .22 and a bit insane but I'm not buying a scope for the dumb thing so it gets what it gets...

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Xanax shopping on Amazon you say.

I noticed you are not using Amazon smile. When you use the web address smile.amazon.com instead of just regular Amazon, they donate .5% of your purchase to a charity of your choice.

I support The Gun Owners Foundation, part of The Gun Owners of America.
You look that up in detail and find out how much money amazon, and the charity takes before any money actually goes to the cause.... I don't donate money anymore because half the "charities" are scams. i donate food to the local food bank but not money, same with the homeless shelter, I give boxes of socks and jackets but never money. I volunteer at the VVA when I can to help with dinners or whatever, again never money. I also open my basement to any homeless folks that need a place to stay, no takers on that yet for some reason?

Last edited:

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Most scope I see for rimfire are either 4X, 6X, or 1-6X. 10X is going to be way too much, I think even fixed 6X is too much but you could probably make it work.

I don’t remember there being anything special to worry about rimfire like you do for air rifles. The impulse differences can break rifle scopes not made for air rifles or airsoft.
So I hit the gun shop and managed to find the correct dovetail rings and got the Bushnell 5-10x mounted on the Marlin.... It looks absolutely rediculous. :ROFLMAO:

Surprisingly on the lowest magnification it's pretty nice and it has a high eye relief so it's quite comfortable. Looks insane, but at 100 yards it's not bad.

I put the other scope off my creedmoor on the B mag .17wsm and that thing is absolutely perfect for that gun. I thought it was small and under magnified for the creedmoor but it's dead on for the .17. size, magnification etc all work well.

Now I'm waiting for my monster Leupold 24x by 52mm to put on the creedmoor....

I'm contemplating getting a scope for the .410 and the .357 mag I inherited now... I have no idea why, I just like scopes. I think a reflex site for the .357 and a cheap 2-4x for the shotgun.

Last edited:

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
So I hit the gun shop and managed to find the correct dovetail rings and got the Bushnell 5-10x mounted on the Marlin.... It looks absolutely rediculous. :ROFLMAO:

Surprisingly on the lowest magnification it's pretty nice and it has a high eye relief so it's quite comfortable. Looks insane, but at 100 yards it's not bad.

I put the other scope off my creedmoor on the B mag .17wsm and that thing is absolutely perfect for that gun. I thought it was small and under magnified for the creedmoor but it's dead on for the .17. size, magnification etc all work well.

Now I'm waiting for my monster Leupold 24x by 52mm to put on the creedmoor....

I'm contemplating getting a scope for the .410 and the .357 mag I inherited now... I have no idea why, I just like scopes. I think a reflex site for the .357 and a cheap 2-4x for the shotgun.
As time goes on, I'm favoring scopes more and more just because I can't get a clear focus on the front sight on rifles.

Lever action guns do look a bit odd with a scope. Not that I have let that stop me.

The .357 Mag should be easy to scope. I'm not sure about the .410. I know with 12 Gauges, you need a muzzle loader/slug gun scope because of the way they recoil. You might want to do some research and beat a dead horse or two on them before you buy something.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
All this gun talk makes me want to get my Pellet gun out to shoot some cans. It's got a scope on it.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
I have a 22 with a really long barrel and peep sights that I haven't shot since I got progressive bifocals. I'll bet I can't hit anything since my glasses make every 2x4 look curved.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a 22 with a really long barrel and peep sights that I haven't shot since I got progressive bifocals. I'll bet I can't hit anything since my glasses make every 2x4 look curved.
If it makes you feel any better most of those $10 2x4's are not straight anyway...

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Glasses are weird. I had to get some recently, never had them before in my 35 years on this planet. I'm nearsighted and have astigmatism. I put them on when I left the Dr. and suddenly could read signs and stuff, epic! Then got in my truck and it felt like I was sitting in a go-kart low to the ground, and the dash was shaped weird and sloped toward the passenger side. When I got home I nearly fell down the stairs because they weren't where my brain sent my foot given the info from my eyes.

So I did some reading and apparently my brain had to readjust what the shape and position of things were with the new glasses correcting the astigmatism. When I used to look at a window, which I knew as rectangular, my brain processed it as a rectangular window. With the astigmatism correction, the window is now trapezoidal, but my brain expects a rectangular window. It took a solid month for things to straighten out. I guess it's not glasses that are weird, but brains certainly are weird.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals