• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

DD tires

jcmtbfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey everyone. I'm a newbie here, but have been plunkin around the B2.org site for several years now. I've been shoppin and researching for a bigger tire to put on my B2. I'm running 27inch stockers right now. The two tires I'm looking at that are in my price range is the 30X9.50 Hankook Dynapro MT, and the 31X9.50 TSL Radial. Any thoughts or suggestions? Gas mileage is a big concern for me. Though I love to explore and play on the weekends, so having a fairly aggresive tread is a must. I drive pretty easy on the streets. I'm looking for a tire that will last 2 or 3 years while I save to get another DD so the B2 can be retired to full time trail use. :icon_thumby:

88mudder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
BFG all terrains are somewhat agressive for some offroading, great on road, quiet, available at all tire shops.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I would probably stay away from the TSL radial on a DD.

The Dynapro MT would be a better choice for both MPG and longevity.
Another one to consider would be the Dunlop Mud Rovers. The Dunlop's tread is somewhat similar to the BFG MT's

Welcome aboard :beer:

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
For mostly highway use and some offroading my personal OPINION is BFG All Terraians all the way. I never had any problems on or offroad with mine.

jcmtbfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
BFG all terrains are somewhat agressive for some offroading, great on road, quiet, available at all tire shops.
Yeah, I thought about a set of those, but as crazy as it might sound...they last too long. Lol. I'm not sure what my next DD will be, so I don't want to get a tire, get another DD, put the B2 to full time trail use, and have a perfectly good set of small tires sittin on it. Besides, I like to be unique in some respects...like tires. I'm leaning towards the Hankooks right now. Found out a guy here at school has some on his dodge truck. Likes them alot. Had TSL radials on before that, said they wore a lot quicker. Haha, purchasing new ones is still a ways off though. I've got time to think.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
look in to maxis tires if you want something diffrent.have heard some pretty good things about them.
if gas millage is a true concern I would look in to BFG muds or AT's. I got 15- 17mpg wiht my old worn out bfg muds on my 91 ranger with 4.56's and a 4.0l.

and if the tires outlast the daily driver duties, there is this place called graigslist I bet you could sale them on and get a decent return.

swampers of anykind are not for a daily driver with mpg concerns in my opion...or if you like your tires to last more than 3 oil changes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals