• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

dash removal how to?

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys, Im about to start maJOR SURGERY to deal with the cancer around the windshild in the big green pile. I cant seam to figure out how to get the dash out of it tho, any ideas?

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
you will probably have to take off trim pieces to find screws.

there are screws EVERYWHERE.

make sure you get them all off.

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
well, bassed on the assumption that Im not a compleat idiot. Where do i find the screws that hold the dash pad on? I've been looking and pulling things apart as I go and still havent figured it out

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
well, bassed on the assumption that Im not a compleat idiot. Where do i find the screws that hold the dash pad on? I've been looking and pulling things apart as I go and still havent figured it out
like i said..... i had to remove trim pieces (that have an xlt logo on the right side) and then bam screws underneath.

i had a total of three trim pieces, one to the left of the steering wheel (which encases my light pull switch), on in the middle left to the left of my "ash tray" aka my change drawer, and one longest one to the right of the change drawer next to my glovebox.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Ranger5.0, what dash do you have the rounded *newer* style? Or the older square style?
If you have the *newer* style check the link below, if your dash does not look like that, maybe some one else can step in. baxtej44; either way you have a completely different dash then Ranger5.0.

http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/winter2007/1998_heater_core_replacement.htm
i realize that, but i'm just saying how i got mine off, it might have been the same with the trim pieces and such.

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
If it is a 93 gauge pod, remove the ash tray. There are 2 screws there. The next to the driver door by the dash vent, get a screw driver in there and just pop the clips. It really just pulls off. After that, I am not sure. Thats all the further I went. You will also have to unplug things as you go.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i realize that, but i'm just saying how i got mine off, it might have been the same with the trim pieces and such.
He'll have a "hidden screw" dash, but trust me when i say as an owner/ and installer I much prefer having a dash like your dash exposed/easy access screws.

PickupMan04 FX4 L2

- 2 on the bottom on either side of the tranny hump.. the two on the left and the two on the right and four or five across the top! its areal pita but ive done it on my 95 to replace the heater core..

cocoasranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If it is a 93 gauge pod, remove the ash tray. There are 2 screws there. The next to the driver door by the dash vent, get a screw driver in there and just pop the clips. It really just pulls off. After that, I am not sure. Thats all the further I went. You will also have to unplug things as you go.
Was exactly the same on my 89 when installing an cd player recently. For once the Haynes and Chilton manuals were right on.:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals