• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dans 94, RCSB, 4.0, 4x4, 5spd

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Got the rear axle with 4.56, rebuilt extra clutched posi, sn95 disk brakes, 64” deaver spring pack, bilstein 7100s, and of course cleaned the frame up. Been driving about two weeks breaking in the new trans, Tcase, and rearend before I start on the front. The 4.56s feel amazing! It has no issues spinning both 32”s in first or second on dry pavement. The Deaver pack I had to pull some springs out of because it was originally on my RCSB Silverado and was too stiff for this little thing. But after pulling 6leafs each pack I think it feels good. The Bilstein 7100s valved to 255/70 also feel good although maybe a tad stiff still. I have the bed on but none of the stuff I usually have in the bed including the rear bumper so I think with another 200#s in the back it will feel good.

The only issue I’m having is that for some reason the rear disks will not bleed and are not getting enough pressure to even push the pads lightly into the rotor. I guess I’m gonna have to look into the proportioning valve or ABS valve next time I have it on a lift.
IMG_8319.jpeg
IMG_8318.jpeg
IMG_8444.jpeg

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Got the front together with go fast explorer beams, all new everything as far as bearings, joints, bushings and seals, 4.56/open rebuilt diff, and 5”procomp springs. Problem is the 5” springs added 13” of height up front! I’m kinda blown away they did so much. Maybe it’s because the springs are for an explorer, but something must change. I’ll probably cut some coils off until I get close.

Attachments

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Cut 2 full coils off the springs and brought it down to only 3” taller than the rear. I’d like to bring the rear up to match now. Also got the rebuilt driveshafts in, tightened everything, gave it a homemade alignment, and made coil retainers. Then went for the first test drive!
It’s awesome so far, still have a few things to finish up including measuring for front shocks and placing an order on some 7100s. Went and flexed out a bit on a stump down the street and realized I need to do something about the rear badly. Gonna start with attempting to push the axle back an inch using the slotted leaf brackets, then bring it up 2-4” by flipping the hangers back to the stock orientation and running a long shackle, last but not least will be trimming if it’s still needed.
IMG_9261.jpeg
IMG_9255.jpeg
IMG_9256.jpeg
IMG_9258.jpeg
IMG_9257.jpeg
IMG_9260.jpeg

Ranger Murphy

Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Your ranger is looking really great. Yours is the same color ad my 97.

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Your ranger is looking really great. Yours is the same color ad my 97.
Thank you! Never been a big fan of red but this red is definitely growing on me. Once I get the suspension finished up and have some break in miles down I’ll actually buff and wax it again.

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Flipped the rear hangers back to stock and threw on some beltech 6400 knock offs. Got the rear up to 2” over the front which is perfect. I think I’ll still pull a leaf or two or three out of the deaver pack to soften up the rear.

Also took some rubber mounding and ran it along the cut bedsides razor edge. The stuff had adhesive in it but I don’t trust it so I squirted black RTV in it for hood adhesion. I think it came out super slick!

Then went on a full test drive into town and around my neighborhood dirt roads. Forgot how brutally loud these swampers are, but also didn’t realize how well the truck handles them. The little 4.0 has no issues spinning the 34s on dirt in first second or even third depending how violent I am on the shift.

After a vacation coming up this week I’ll order some 10” short body 7100s for the front along with limit straps. Cannot wait to see how it feels with shocks!

If anyone has a suggestion on a tall skinny 34-35” AT or RT tire please let me know, I’ll probably sell these swampers soon for something milder. only thing I’ve found so far that’s affordable is the Kenda Klever RT 35x10.5x17.

Attachments

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That is one cool looking rig dude

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
That is one cool looking rig dude
Thank you! I’m trying to figure out what to do for a rear bumper. I need a receiver because I plan to tow my 4wheeler with it and a small 5x12 trailer occasionally. I have a bunch of 2” well casing, some 3.5x3.5 square like the front wings have, and some 4x6 rectangle like the front center piece. I’d like it to wrap around tho andwrap around with square is ehh, hard to do clean corners with my lack of fab tools.

also would kinda like a spare tire swingout Maybe pick up the diy one from ruffstuff.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I built a trailer before moving from TN onto an axle, and after I got it built onto the axle I changed the axle, seems to be the way I do things ;)
I used the cheapest welder they had at HF in 2004, rigged it up to 220
Made it with 1 1/2" angles that came off a job when we were moving out, I think the angles were used in the roof structure

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You'll probly want a wrecking yard for the bumper

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
You'll probly want a wrecking yard for the bumper
I’ve got two welders and I’m fairly competent, I did build the front bumper myself.

Just not sure what style I want I guess, I wish I had a tube bender.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I was more or less thinking about the hitch. With a factory hitch you'd be less liable in case of any accidents. Anything goes wrong they'll be on it regardless of fault

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I was more or less thinking about the hitch. With a factory hitch you'd be less liable in case of any accidents. Anything goes wrong they'll be on it regardless of fault
Ahh gotcha, I’m not too worried the load I’d be pulling is minimal, and I trust my welds completely for such a task. I had a homemade bumper on it before and I towed a few times with it before without any problem. Other than roasting the clutch because of the terrible gearing it had.
They way I will tie the receiver into the main section of the bumper will be the strongest part of the bumper. Then the frame mounts will attach from a minimum of three sides of the frame, however I may box the rear frame rails and have the bumper attach over all four sides. Definitely want the rear to be tough as I would hate for an idiot to rearend me and bend the frame.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
I caught up on your ranger build. It's looking really great.

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I caught up on your ranger build. It's looking really great.
Thank you! Definitely still have plenty of things to do on it, lots of little tweaks and of course a real off-road trip to shake it down.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Yotaismygame
February Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals