• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dans 94, RCSB, 4.0, 4x4, 5spd

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
If memory serves there's a couple starter tooth options that can make a difference...

I'm running all stock thunderchicken stuff, just switched to DIS from the stock TFI, sure it's not perfect but was definitely the easy option and I had all the parts... I'm even running a stock Ranger air filter with the box lid off of a '89 2.9L with the same housing mine would have had but before it went MAF... if a couple things weren't janky it would almost look stock...

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
If memory serves there's a couple starter tooth options that can make a difference...

I'm running all stock thunderchicken stuff, just switched to DIS from the stock TFI, sure it's not perfect but was definitely the easy option and I had all the parts... I'm even running a stock Ranger air filter with the box lid off of a '89 2.9L with the same housing mine would have had but before it went MAF... if a couple things weren't janky it would almost look stock...

I like stock stuff, I’d love to ride in a turbo 2.3 truck. I bet it sounds pretty cool and unusual for a lifted truck.

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Wanted to mess with the starter this morning but everything was hot from driving it over to a clients house to fix his POS 5.4 triton work truck. Some moron broke every single coil pack clip so the connectors don’t stay on. One was worse than the rest so I zip tied them all down and the problem is solved!

Anyway back to ranger, I decided to ditch the spare tire holder and rear bumper because I hate it and need a functional receiver. I have several sticks of 4x4 square tube laying around that I’ve been saving for something like this. The plan is, high clearance design, get rid of the under tailgate gap from the body lift, incorporation of a receiver, and be bolt on/off using factory brackets/mounts.

So far this is what I’ve come up with. I ran out of time today, but the lower tube will have angled caps that tie it into the upper piece. Then the receiver will probably go directly into the bottom piece, possibly with some gussets on it as well.

Attachments

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Alrighty frustrated at my gauge cluster. I got the new T10 bulbs in and installed them all, but I still don’t have any of the lights coming on. The check engine light will now but that’s it. Not even the turn signals are illuminating now, are LEDs a total no go on early 94 clusters? They worked great in my 96 splash but that’s a whole different cluster style.

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Little more progress on bumper, added some angled pieces to tie in the bottom bar with. Need to pick up or scrounge a receiver from somewhere, and work on preping these pieces better.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad