• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dans 94, RCSB, 4.0, 4x4, 5spd

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I think I figured out my over heating at high speeds issue and it’s really a strange one. My pass rear brake was dragging and chewed the rotor and pad up pretty good. Not sure how I never felt it, but I drove about 60miles today and a good bit of it was sustained 60mph and the temp never moved past N on normal. Seems to be getting better MPG too.

Had fun up exploring some more today too, although I did most of it on foot.

Attachments

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Another 50mile dirt tripped logged on this beautiful spring day. Lots of higher speed semi maintained dirt roads, then played around in a clay quarry like usual. Front locker did awesome, these tires work fantastic, and the suspension still impresses me.

However I’m seriously annoyed at the engine hating anything over 2k rpm for more than a few minutes and getting warm. I can blast trails for an hour in 4lo 4-5th gear keeping rpm at or under 2k and it stays icy cold. Bump it up to 2,300+ for more than a min and it slowly starts to climb. So lame, but I still haven’t really done anything to investigate that so I suppose it’s my fault

Attachments

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Another short trip to a hiking spot, then washed the pig. Still getting warm on extended drives, but I think it’s actually related to the AC being on. Gonna look at pressures tomorrow I might have to much in it causing the condenser to get hotter than normal.

Attachments

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Almost died today on an adventure but it was totally not ranger related. I just set nearly to high of a goal to achieve which was paddling 8 miles up a stiff current with no joke 100+ logs blocking the creek, and some rapids which I didn’t know existed in Florida.
Was a grand time tho and I found some of the biggest fossils I’ve found to date. Ranger looked hot unloading at daybreak too.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals