• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dana 70 TTB?!?

95XL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3L Diesel
Transmission
Automatic
LoanRanger - I can't tell you what that number or mark is in the corner, cause I don't have the axle anymore, I sold it. Sorry.

DirtSquirt - Well this axle the guy said came from a 1980 F-250, and he said the TTB D44 came from the same truck (I'm not even sure when they started using the TTB anyways). But, all three of the other hubs had regular right-hand threads, only the drivers side rear had left-hand, seems to me If they were going to put left-hand lugnuts on a vehicle they would at least put two hubs as left-handed.

I dunno, it's over and done with. Does anybody wanna buy a complete D44 setup?:icon_thumby:

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Someone might of replaced the studs in it?

Thats gotta be a D70 rear.

The sterling didnt come into being untill 85.

later,
Dustin

MakerOfBeast

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
all ford trucks from the 70s to about 88 had left hand threads on the rear left wheel of the truck definably a dana 44 front. as for the rear the only dana 70s i know of instaled in a f250 where in the diesel trucks with the 6.9, then they switched to the 10.25 in 89. if its not diesel then its a good bet that it is a 60.

SammyP

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, heres another clue towards the rear axle mystery. I posted the rims and tires on craigslist, and somebody called me about them tonight, so I went out and took them off the axles. And on the drivers side of the rear axle were LEFT HANDED LUGNUTS?!?! You should've seen me trying to break them loose until my Dad and I figured that out! :icon_rofl: My Dad told me the only trucks he remembered having left handed lugnuts were Dodges back in the 60's. So, somehwere along the way, somebody may have swapped in that rear axle. I don't know, just kind of adds to the mystery, now you've got me thinking...

Yeah that looks identical to the axle on my grandpas 60s Dodge W20 and I'm 99% sure his is a Dana 70

Ford 460 Boy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My 84 F-250 has the dana 44hd ttb and the dana 70 rear, and it also has the left hand drivers side rear lug studs. It originaly had a 6.9L diesel in it but it has been swaped for a 460 Big Block.

93Ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93, 96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Ive got a 1980 F-250 4x4 with a D60 full floater rear axle...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals