• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dana 35 Twin I Beam upgrade?

DaGreenRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Wide f'n open!
Howdy all, I'm about to start tearing into my front end and fix some long over looked issues. The biggest thing I'm running into is, the slip yoke on the passenger side axle. Is there a place/site that sells them new? Maybe a stronger one? The previous own I think didn't own a grease gun so its SHOT!
While I'm at it, anything else I should upgrade?

Many thanks!

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
I see you're new here, which is ok, but we do have sections for posting questions exactly like yours. Many have answers "stickied" at the top of the forum pages.

Such as this one in the "Ranger Axles" section.
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15

This covers front and rear, but you'll see it has things for beefier U-joints and manual hubs, which are on the DIY level (and really are the 2 biggest faults). Technically there's more with the shafts such as running a "Super 35" Jeep carrier and cutting down D44 TTB shafts or having ones made, but that is pretty expert territory and not something I recommend unless you know exactly what your doing. Most will argue this is not necessary as the u-joints usually let go on the stock shafts first anyways.

As for your center slip joint, unless the U-joint is loose in it's holes, slap a new joint in there (Spicer 5-760X is the better joint, you'll see in the article) and do the full circle clip mod and you'll be in business. Or are you saying the splines are shot and worn out? In which case, junkyard, grab the whole front axle.

Edit, thought of something after I posted.

Slip yoke:
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-82086-d35-oe-right-slip-yoke-axle.html
(Says it fits 4.0L Ranger, but really any with a Dana 35)

And the corresponding shaft it mates with:
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-82082-d35-ifs-right-intermediate-axle.html

I've been in their shop before, pretty cool guys.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals