• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dana 30 questions really confused

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a Dana 30 out if a 91 jeep Cherokee I don't think it's a CAD but some guy trying to buy it is telling me it is I'm not argueing with him for lack of experience with d30s but I didn't think it was ill post a picture

SeanWilson

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
a CAD axle has a “box” looking thing on the long tube side, almost half way between the diff and hub. this means it is a two piece axleshaft of the passenger side, thus being weaker.

if it is, just pull the two pieces out and slide in a diffierent shaft from a none CAD axle and your good

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I don't believe it's any weaker, the thing that breaks is the die cast shift fork which can be changed for a steel one from a ram truck. If you wanted to run a locker in the front it might be advantageous to be able to unlock the shaft.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
The cad axle is actually the better one ,housing wise, since the to arm mount is cast and not sheet metal like the non cad axles. But do as they say, swap it out for a non cad axle along with putting the axle seal in the diff and you are good. Also get a HP axle if possible, 15% stronger setup.

Sent from my rooted SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals