• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

damn ashtray...

85crownHPP

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I pulled the ashtray out of the 89 to get the dash trim off, and now I cant get it to go in and stay in... its all lose and pulls all the way back out again. Is there a piece that falls off I could be missing??? I can't find anything in the car that looks like it should be attached to the ashtray...

help!

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
not sure if it would be the same but in my ol 91 you had to release a small clip to get the ashtray out. and it had a little plastic button on that clip. the button was what actually locked it in.

does your have said clip and button? when ou pulled it out to release anyhting or just yank it out? sure ya got it in the little tracks right?

ya may want to check a haynes or chiltons manual and see if that helps ya any. good luck.

85crownHPP

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
yea the plastic nub is there - to remove I just pressed down the metal spring lever with the nub on it and she came on out. Its sliding right into the only guides I can see, and it fit in place but is just not secure at all... almost like Im missing half its track mechanism.. something it should slide in like on tool box drawers. All i have the tray and empty hole, and I cant find any "extra" parts in the truck...

85crownHPP

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
surely someone has removed the ashtray before and lost what Im missing...???

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals