• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

DailyDriven'07

Riverguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Your truck looks awesome. White is usually kind of a ho-hum color, but the stance and those rims turns it around. Sweet! Now you need some white-face gauges. I just did mine and it made a big difference, plus now I can actually see them in daylight!

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Congrats on stotm. Now get on that 94! Lol

SVT

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys! Rick I fired the 94 up last weekend!

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I like those racing seats, I'll have to get some later. Were they difficult to put in?

Your truck looks awesome. White is usually kind of a ho-hum color, but the stance and those rims turns it around. Sweet! Now you need some white-face gauges. I just did mine and it made a big difference, plus now I can actually see them in daylight!
Yeah, just get some sport ones. I actually was thinking about swapping mine to black so it would match.

Last edited:

ShotnVA777

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Bad@$$ truck man... I'm not (wasn't) a REAL big fan of the new Rangers. But the wheels and drop REALLY set it off! Looks great. Good choice. I also ADORE those seats, those jewels are sweet as ish! I like it, A LOT!

I'm trying to build an N/A '97 Ranger now... 2.3L. I'm dropping in the older motor and head, then carbureting.

I've got a question for ya! I plan on doing the same amount of drop, with a small notch and shocks. Just a flip kit and springs. Anywho... How does that thing handle w/ those wheels and tyres? I'm trying to build a HANDLING MACHINE w/ a little bit of "umphhh" under the wheels!

I grabbed a rear sway bar yesterday (off a B2) and it made a NOTICEABLE difference, what size rim/tire would you recommend for taking the corners? I was thinking less rim, more tire... Like some 15-16 X 8" diamond racing steelies! What are you running?

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Bad@$$ truck man... I'm not (wasn't) a REAL big fan of the new Rangers. But the wheels and drop REALLY set it off! Looks great. Good choice. I also ADORE those seats, those jewels are sweet as ish! I like it, A LOT!

I'm trying to build an N/A '97 Ranger now... 2.3L. I'm dropping in the older motor and head, then carbureting.

I've got a question for ya! I plan on doing the same amount of drop, with a small notch and shocks. Just a flip kit and springs. Anywho... How does that thing handle w/ those wheels and tyres? I'm trying to build a HANDLING MACHINE w/ a little bit of "umphhh" under the wheels!

I grabbed a rear sway bar yesterday (off a B2) and it made a NOTICEABLE difference, what size rim/tire would you recommend for taking the corners? I was thinking less rim, more tire... Like some 15-16 X 8" diamond racing steelies! What are you running?
Truck rides great minus the stiffness of the front tires. They're getting replaced with a tire closer to the size of the rear after winter to remedy this. Handling is WAY better than stock although I still need a b2 sway bar myself even though the 3.slow can't push the truck hard enough into a corner for me to need one.:icon_rofl: Front wheels are 18x9 and rear are 18x10. I thought about diamond racing steelies myself, really nice wheels

Truck goes into the shop on the morning for a fresh alignment since my front springs have apparently settled after 12k miles and given me noticeable tire killing camber. It's also going into winter mode while its there: stock steelies and 225/60r15s I believe is what I ordered

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Winter mode!

Thinking of plastidipping them white or black...

ShotnVA777

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Winter mode!

Thinking of plastidipping them white or black...
Get em powdercoated black... That would look sick. It STILL looks good with the factory wheels! Haha.... Amazing what a good drop can do to an otherwise stockish truck... You should debadge it too! :D

So your running 18x10's in the back?! Sheesh!!! I got a guy that wants to sell me some wheels right now that are 15x8's, you telling me that I wouldn't have much of a problem with rubbing and such? With THAT size rim? :icon_surprised:

I'm going to use these as track wheels, because the price is RIGHT! But I'm going to run 16" diamond racing steelies on the streets. (Once I have the money to wrap the bastards! Lol)

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for all the compliments! Yeah id say no problems with 15x8s long as you're mindful to tire width up front. I won't powdercoat the stockers; just plastidip to determine which color I like best. Then I think I may be getting some diamond racing 15x8 and 15x10 come spring. I like the look better with 15s.

Oh and here are some photos from my phone I forgot I had. Also forgot to mention I changed my head unit out for a nexus tablet. I have it set up so it comes on and off with the key and lots of other cool stuff

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
How do you like the functions of the Nexus as far as operating like a head unit? What features does it have (GPS, USB, hard drive size for music, media, etc)?

SVT

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
After rooting the tablet and installing "USB ROM" I love it. USB ROM allows the tablet to wake when it senses USB power (key on) and go into a sleep mode when it loses USB power (key off). And I have an app called tasker that I have set up so it turns music on when the tablet wakes and pauses it when the tablet sleeps so therefore it acts as a standard head unit. This particular tablet has Google maps, an app that forwards all my texts andbcalls directly to it while driving, and I have 32gb of memory. Plus I have a USB hub hooked to the tablet so I can hook up a USB stick or whatever in the glovebox. Music control goes through a digital audio converter(think external sound card) to an equalizer mounted behind the tablet then to my speakers

insane4speed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What size are those fr500 wheels

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
18x9 and 18x10. Offset was for a 94 mustang

insane4speed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I want get a set for my explorer. Did you have to put any spacers on?

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
I have spacers up front. 1" or 1 1/4” I can't remember

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals