• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dads new EB

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
heres the old man himself, i grew up riding around with him in his 78 f150 and his 84 Bronco bouncying down trails and flying around the dunes. Then when my parents split he sold his toys around 1992 and really hadn't had anything to play off road with since. Looks like now he'll atleast be going back to the dunes this year.

The 302 is does not look orig at all, and has a heavy oil leak from the back of engine, looks like valve cover and intake. Has a 2 barrel on it. Runs strong and the C4(?) shifts strong. Has had extensive floor pan work and core support work. Doesn't look horrible, but def could have done a better job (the metal work that is) Interior is nice, Cage is ok, not reimpressed with the work but for what dad will do with it, it'll be good enough. I drove it and it felt a little unstable as far as steering, but thats to be expected. Has manual brakes and drum all the way around. This will be the first thing we'll address as far as mods go. Power Brakes and Discs up front. It has good power and was fun to drive around. Not sure on lift though, clears 35s with no rub. The top was a little rusty, thats getting removed and hes having it cleaned and repainted. He likes it, it'll be at my house getting some electrical love and some new gaskets. All in all not bad at all for $5500

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
:icon_hornsup:

I have never driven with manual brakes and drums all around. Must feel a bit different.

Thighman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
That looks really nice. And a great price (i think)

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sweet EB, looks a lot better than most the ones around here in MA!

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic

I have never driven with manual brakes and drums all around. Must feel a bit different.
you have to stand on the brake pedal to get them to stop.....i used to have a 63 Fairlane that was manual with drums all teh way around, and it only had a single piston master cyl. needless to say your right leg becomes extremely stronger then the Left leg

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you have to stand on the brake pedal to get them to stop.....i used to have a 63 Fairlane that was manual with drums all teh way around, and it only had a single piston master cyl. needless to say your right leg becomes extremely stronger then the Left leg
thats why u need a older style cable clutch aswell, then u become toned evenly, who says u need togo to the gym ot have great legs

NorCalBronco

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

I was rockin manual 4 wheel drums, manual steering with 35's on mine for a while, it was quite the workout :3gears:

Nice EB!

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ahh i love it, im interested to see how manual brakes with drums slows down

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Manual four wheel drums aren't bad, they're just different. You gotta put a lot more pressure than you're used to with power and if you wanna stop fast, you literally stand on the pedal. All my 67 F100s are manual drum.

That is one sweet looking EB. Did he find that in Michigan? Amazing.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
its not as clean as it looks.......all sheet metal has been reworked or replaced kinda decently. The outside looks superclean, even close up, but from underneath you can def tell

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have a '52 chevy truck(i hate chevys, but it was my first truck) manual brakes, drums at all fours. 383 stroker, i had to put it in neutral at stoplights because of the torque converter in it. or else it would push me right through the light! no seatbelts either, and a bench seat at that! on (fast) right hand turns i would be in the pass seat!!!:3gears:

84coranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 V6, 5.8 4v Ho
Transmission
Manual
Bronco fan myself here, I have an 85 Full size. Looks like your dad got a nice toy to play with.

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals