• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

D44 ttb swap

dirtsquirrel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
okay so i have herd lots of diffrent ways to to do a d44ttb swap and ppl saying it will or wont work, it seems to me that the easyiest way would be to extend the beams 1"? then i dont have to deal with shortening the shafts. also i got a 6inch lift in my ranger wondering if i were to do the ttb swap if it would be a benifit to put the 6" lift out of a f150 instead or will it not work?

red_ranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
get some conversion brackets for it thats how i can do mine hopefully

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You have a 4wd so you can just bolt em in (I'm not sure about the radius arms though). It's not that big of a deal to shorten the passenger side axle is it? I would think it would be easier than extending the beams 1" either side at any rate. If you have been researching this then you know that you need to make a coil bucket spacer right? I am pretty sure you can just use your existing lift with the 44s. Good luck, and keep us posted about the project:icon_thumby:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I assume its just shorten the part that goes in the diff and get it resplined right? I still have a hard time picturing this, not saying that it cant and hasnt be done.

red_ranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
To run the beams they need to be shortened or pushed outward 1" from stock dana 35 location I know where u can get the brackets so you don't need to cut the beam or shorten your axle shafts

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Those brackets would probably be the easiest thing to do. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals