• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

D44 ttb fitting a '66 F-100 frame

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
Will it work without much modification (still want to be able to put in 2wd twinbeam again) or is it better to get the coil sprung D44 from f-100's?

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Will it work without much modification (still want to be able to put in 2wd twinbeam again) or is it better to get the coil sprung D44 from f-100's?
the ttb will be a whole lot more fab work then it is realistically worth, i would go ahead and start taking measurements as im sure the frame width is different in the 60's and early 70s then the late 70's with the coil sprung 44(easiest to come by) the front axles before they went high pinion arent worth keeping.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
I wonder if the some of the local yards got any of those trucks in.
Would a late 70's Bronco axle would work also?

Fordtruckman80

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 MFI
Transmission
Manual
As was said, measurements are key here. It is possible, but the fabrication that may be involved isn't quite worth the hassle. On a 60's truck, I would highly suggest extra support for the engine cross member to handle the added stress from the TTB D44 setup.

The coil sprung D44 TTB wasn't just an F100 thing, in fact, the majority of F100's were 4x2. The D44 TTB was more common in the 1980-1996 F150 and Bronco. For added simplicity, if this a long term deal, 1995-1996 D44's had bolt on brake calipers, which are much simpler to remove than the slide pin deals. I'm pretty sure the 95-96 knuckles will work with any of the D44 TTB arms, no matter the year. So if you plan to run this for awhile, i'd suggest finding some 95-96 steering knuckles.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I wonder if the some of the local yards got any of those trucks in.
Would a late 70's Bronco axle would work also?
friendship in tabernacle has a bunch of them, just comes down to what he would want to charge you.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals