• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

D44 steering and could spring lift

Seven3_AH

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm starting my swap and I found that the steering linkage is the y setup.
And I'm not sure how much lift the coils are I got from the donor rig, and also will the stock ranger pitman arm work?
So questions in a list.
1) will a Rangers stock pitman arm bolt up to 77 eb drag link
2) my coils have only the weight of the frame on them and my steering linkage looks mostly maxed out and my tires are toed like crazy.
3) will the T style setup work?
4) does anyone know the dimensions for lift height on eb or b2 coil springs, I can't figure out how big my coils are

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
The pitman arm is fine, use it. I don't know if the EB drag link has the same taper on the joints or not. I tried to use a complete EB steering linkage on mine and it was a waste of time - geometry was way off what it should be, getting the track bar to work was very difficult, not to mention it was worn out. Are you trying to use the Ranger steering linkage though? That's the only reason I can see your tires being toed in. Ranger steering linkage has no place on a SAS.

Do it like this. That way your tires don't toe in as the suspension droops, and you have almost unlimited downtravel. Use tie rod ends instead of heims if you want... the linkage itself is DOM tubing that is threaded.

Seven3_AH

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
That is how I want to do it, I have factory "y" style linkage from ebd44 and it's just not enough so I was going to go wit the factory "t" style

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals