• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

D30 lower link tabs

Str8sixfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
When the guy I got my axle from took the axle out, I don't know if he robbed the link tabs for his new axle set-up or if he just couldn't get the arms out easily due to rust.

Either way he plasma'd or torched off the tabs from the axle tube. It's my understanding these links actually angle inward. Anyone know that angle? I'm going to need to weld on new tabs, just want to set up the angle back to stock so I can figure out eventually how long my arms will be and where the links on the chassis will go.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
The bottom ones are straight, its the top ones that angle inward.

Str8sixfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
Really? I thought both were...oh well that makes it easy

Str8sixfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry...I've still been doubting this ever since the reply...I climbed under an xj and it's really really hard to tell. It has to be off of parallel by like 2*, because the naked eye almost can't tell.

I did find this thread, and it seems to confirm.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-cherokee/839490-xj-front-midarm-3-link-build.html

I think I will be buying pre-fabbed links, hoping whoever makes them builds the taper into the brackets.

http://www.eadoffroad.com/currie-enterprises-ce-7111-jeep-tj-lj-xj-hd-front-lower-control-arm-brackets

Now I could run the brackets perpendicular, but I worry about turning my tires at full lock and hitting them without allowing the control arms to point a little bit inward.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals