• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cybertruck Reveal

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
In theory a 1960's VW bug would work for most of my driving when the weather is nice, 10mi each way. My V8 F-150 with a 22gal tank only sees a gas station once every 2 or 3 weeks.

As long as you are worker bee that only ever does average, yeah that would work great.

Lots of farmers around here so "average" use for a truck would vary from the suburbs.
Lots of farmers in my neck of the woods too. What does an average day look like for you and your truck? What do you do? How much of it's capabilities do you use, and is that worth the cost of operating it? It's fine to have a truck for truck things, but that doesn't mean I need to drive one everywhere I go.
An EV costs about $0.03/mile driven with average electric rates of $0.13/kwh. At current fuel prices, a new Ranger costs about $0.11/mile, and an 06 F150 with a 5.4 costs about $0.17/mile:

If you put 15k miles per year on those vehicles, the EV would be $2k cheaper EVERY YEAR than the old F150 just in fuel. Not including maintenance, or a rise in gas prices. Trucks are a great tool, but they're not always the best tool. I'd really suggest looking doing the customized comparison route with your vehicle and any EV to see if the math would work out enough to justify an EV purchase or not> Here's a link to the fully customizeable tool:

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
When a website describes its purpose with a "manifesto", any same person should move on without taking it seriously.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
When a website describes its purpose with a "manifesto", any same person should move on without taking it seriously.
Whether a manifesto or not, you cannot deny the links to all the burning teslas. The news they post comes from sources the world over. I've been a member there for over 10 years. I spend more time there than any other forum. Always will. They backed Trump almost from the get-go. Still do. Definitely not pro-democrat.

Just because you do not like the news they post, doesn't make it incorrect.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
If you'd like to post a legitimate piece of information, go for it. If the best you can do is that nonsense, we'll continue laughing at your expense.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
First, an issue with Teslas doesn't equate to an issue with all EVs. Second, if an ICE catches fire, they're not going to save anything either. Go look at a car auction site like Copart and see how many burned cars there are.

Kia had to recall half a million ICE powered vehicles recently due to fire risk:

Pintos are famous for having gas tanks that would explode in collisions frequently enough for this paint job to make sense:

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ICE vehicles outnumber sparky vehicles millions to one. And yet, for that huge disparity, there sure seems to be a lot of articles on burning electric vehicles, mainly teslas. I am sure happy I live in an apartment (with garages), where electric vehicle chargers are not allowed, due to the fire hazard. I sleep better at night knowing there are no sparky vehicles anywhere near my five vehicles (all garage kept except the Ranger).

Pintos haven't been around for years. Haven't seen one in so long, I tend to forget they existed. There was a recall on them iirc. My brother had one, with a 302 under the hood. It never caught fire. LMAO!!

I would take my chances with an old Pinto before I'd ever even be a passenger in a sparky vehicle. One spark, BOOM. GONE!

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
There were more than 3 million pintos made. 27 people died... that's actually better than most cars from that era. Not sure the relevance here but if you wanna insult a pinto learn the facts first lol.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
There were more than 3 million pintos made. 27 people died... that's actually better than most cars from that era. Not sure the relevance here but if you wanna insult a pinto learn the facts first lol.
And they were likely accidents. They just didn't go boom while parked one day/night. All by themselves. Gotta love vehicles that do their very own insurance burns. No help from the owner or anyone else. Just sittin there. BOOM. GONE!

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you'd like to post a legitimate piece of information, go for it. If the best you can do is that nonsense, we'll continue laughing at your expense.
Just because the news doesn't fit your agenda, doesn't make it false. Witness the NHTSA investigating tesla for both fires and the auto pilot function. It's about focking time. There's more than these four. Too much information. LMAO!!

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/nhtsa-finally-looking-tesla-battery-fire-issues

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/nhtsa-opens-inquiry-teslas-smart-summon-shtshow

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-10/ominous-development-nhtsa-joins-ntsb-probing-horrific-tesla-deathtrap-crash

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-06/new-investigation-concludes-teslas-autopilot-may-increase-risk-crashes-disputing

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Again - not a single article from anything resembling a real source.

It's not about fitting -my- agenda. It's about finding information from a place that doesn't -have- an agenda.

You might as well post something from the National Enquirer.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Really?! We're defending Pintos now like they're sacred? Unless all 3 million of them were in rear end collisions, it doesn't matter how many they made. A high enough percentage of them were involved in collisions and caught fire that it was deemed less safe than similar vehicles. They recalled 1.5 million of them because the design was shitty and dangerous. If we're going to skewer Elon for a potentially dangerous design flaw (knock yourselves out), lets at least acknowledge that ICEs have had dangerous design flaws too.

Fires from Kias or Pintos, Takata airbags, GM ignition switches, Toyota unintended acceleration, FCA's auto trans shifters not staying in gear, Ford's Explorer/Firestone disaster, Mazda 6 Subframe rust, Tacoma frames rusting in half, etc, etc. No manufacturer is immune to this.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Tesla used takata airbags too. :icon_rofl:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals