• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cybertruck Reveal

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
In all seriousness why would you pre order a vehicle that doesn't even exist yet? There's no specs, it's missing tons of stuff, you bought it based on a theoretical concept that may be in production in 5 years as nothing even remotely close to the thing that was on TV... does it have wipers? Who knows! I like to know these little details before I buy a truck.

Are you just filthy rich? :dunno:

I'll say this, if nothing else Elon musk is one hell of a salesman... he can literally sell people things that dont exist!

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Have you considered just searching for a dyno chart?
Yeah i have actually. But i cant really find any reliable flywheel runs of a stock engine.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
In all seriousness why would you pre order a vehicle that doesn't even exist yet? There's no specs, it's missing tons of stuff, you bought it based on a theoretical concept that may be in production in 5 years as nothing even remotely close to the thing that was on TV... does it have wipers? Who knows! I like to know these little details before I buy a truck.

I'll say this, if nothing else Elon musk is one hell of a salesman... he can literally sell people things that dont exist!
I don't understand this either. Why pre-order something that is SO untested. What if you order it and after a year it's just a ticking time bomb due to lack of research since there isn't any of these on the road yet? Do you buy snake oil too? I can sell you a whole bunch of stuff that "is supposed to be better" if you just want to throw money away, at least give it to someone who would spend it on something other than the scrap pile they made at Tesla.... I can make you an awesome "promise" about building the best EV off road vehicle ever and would you trust me since I have no facts, data, or even in production? Hell I'll even match the 50k price. It is all a promise so why not? It's the same thing you are doing now.

JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
its $100 and fully refundable at anytime. also, i did not preorder one.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would guess same reason they have no side and physical rear view mirrors at this point. They're hoping to have the future tech ready and whatnot. Tesla patented an electromagnetic wiper. This would be pretty awesome if they could ever get it to production. https://cleantechnica.com/2019/09/30/new-tesla-patent-an-electromagnetic-windshield-wiper-system/

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
So Elon made 20 million dollars in a week, selling absolutely nothing. :icon_rofl:

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
This is my Ranger. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

The pre-order requires a fully refundable $100 deposit. I'm not filthy rich but I've worked 2 jobs everyday for 18 years and saved every penny. I have exactly the things I need but I'm not vacation home rich.

The Model 3 is the absolute best damn vehicle I've ever owned. You get in it and go. No worrying if it's going to start or break down.

Since we've owned it, the software updates have only made the car better, faster, funner, safer.

So yeah I pre-ordered a truck that doesn't exist but If it were available today I'd put money down to own it. Tesla has never failed to deliver and they are not afraid to do and try things other automakers won't

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The argument that evs are better for the environment is pure BS. The electricity has to come from somewhere, it's not unicorn skittles. Places like China, it comes from coal. Really bad for the environment. Even in the U.S., coal is used in some places. Also tell the people who dig the big huge pit mines in the ground to obtain the materials like lithium and cobalt that are used in the batteries, how much better it is for the environment. And come the day the battery has to be disposed of, somewhere there is going to be one huge junk yard of dangerous lithium ion batteries rotting away.

Better for the environment my ass! There's a guy over in Australia that recently wrecked his tesla. He cannot find anyone to deal with the wreckage due to the batteries. No one will touch it. There it sits, waiting for some wrecking business to reclaim it, but no one will take it.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-11-14/abandoned-manufacturer-victim-tesla-crash-cant-find-anyone-who-will-properly

Last edited:

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I dont need to TRY and stick my finger in a light socket to know it's a terrible idea... :icon_rofl:

Just like I ford doesn't need to TRY laser beams for windshield wipers to know it's a terrible idea... :icon_idea:

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
This is my Ranger. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
I don't understand this either. Why pre-order something that is SO untested. What if you order it and after a year it's just a ticking time bomb due to lack of research since there isn't any of these on the road yet? Do you buy snake oil too? I can sell you a whole bunch of stuff that "is supposed to be better" if you just want to throw money away, at least give it to someone who would spend it on something other than the scrap pile they made at Tesla.... I can make you an awesome "promise" about building the best EV off road vehicle ever and would you trust me since I have no facts, data, or even in production? Hell I'll even match the 50k price. It is all a promise so why not? It's the same thing you are doing now.
You're not just buying the vehicle. You're backing the company to give you the most amazing full size truck yet. Lemon laws exist if the new vehicle has issues.

It's rumored ford has 14,000 preorders for the Mach-E. Tesla just hit 250,000. The big difference is Ford has never made an electric vehicle of this magnitude and deliver to the public. Tesla has Roadster, S, X, Model 3 and the Model Y coming very quickly next year. They've proven ability to make create EV's I trust them to continue this

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's rumored ford has 14,000 preorders for the Mach-E. Tesla just hit 250,000. The big difference is Ford has never made an electric vehicle of this magnitude and deliver to the public. Tesla has Roadster, S, X, Model 3 and the Model Y coming very quickly next year. They've proven ability to make create EV's I trust them to continue this
No, the issue with the Mach E is Ford is trying to market a 4dr SUV with Mustang tail lights and badges as a Mustang. Lipstick on a pig.

The Mustang world HATES it with a passion. Like torch and pitchfork kind of hate.

If they had just used a normal Mustang body it would have gotten a lot more love. If they wouldn't have called the carcass they used a Mustang... it would have gotten a lot more love.

Calling it what they are calling it... they might as well have called it an Edsel II.

It is plain and simple a massive marketing blunder.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Plus ummm how many orders does tesla have for their gas engine cars?

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Now about EV's. "Most" gets thrown around a lot. In reality "most people" is a pretty vague term that I am not even sure applies to a majority of people and yet a lot of people (not necessarily on here) go stark raving mad about what "most people" need. It does get really old.
I want to clarify that what I said was that they would work for most people, not that they are what most people need. I'm not trying to tell anybody else what they need. But I am willing to suggest what might work or not, especially if it's something that might not have been considered.

I define "Most" as the majority, or anything over 50% which is pretty common usage of the word.

The DoE says that 63% of US housing units have access to a garage, so in theory MOST Americans could fairly easily have access to charging. Even though you don't really need a garage to have a proper outlet, it probably makes it more likely:

The average American drives between 30-50 miles per day.

That distance would be covered comfortably by every EV sold in the last 5 years, even with heavy battery degradation. So they work for MOST situations.

As previously discussed, there are brand new EVs available for below the average selling price of a new vehicle right now, and they're typiclly very reasonable on the used market too. So MOST new car buyers can afford an EV at this point, and quite a few used car buyers as well.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I still don't want to be a manufactures lab rat.... It's just too untested. Any auto manufacture could make something that looks big and badass but how is the reliability? Have they tested EVERY scenario? Do the batteries handle well in the cold if they have sat for a month? How the hell do you see out of that tiny back window? Accidents happen, no matter how safe or smart the vehicle is it still won't stop a drunk driver from rear ending you. Then what? you're stuck with a couple ton fire hazardous paper weight that you can't even total because no one knows how to handle the batteries? No thanks. Tesla definitely has not thought about what happens when the vehicle is totaled.... I think Tesla should change their name for one (Nikola would be pissed since it doesn't run on lightning bolts) and then have their own trade in/recycling center at the same dealership you bought it from... Kinda like a core charge for a battery. It's their junk, they should be able to dispose of it properly. Just give a rebate for their next pile of junk they make.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals