• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cybertruck Reveal

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
This is my Ranger. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Thats fine.

But i can refill to full "range" in 5-10 minutes with my 460.

I also dont have to choose between running accessories or driving 20 under cause theres not a place to "recharge".

Im sure electric is fine for some people, but the simple fact is IC engines remain far superior in practical useage and will for a very long time.

If i want to drive electric ill ride my drill around.
Never once turned off AC or heat to save energy.

The first gas station in the US was thought to be built around 1907. The first tesla supercharger was built opened in 2012. I guarantee you in less than 100 years there will be more electric chargers than gas stations.

Electricity is already in most buildings. Gas has to be trucked in.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Never once turned off AC or heat to save energy.

The first gas station in the US was thought to be built around 1907. The first tesla supercharger was built opened in 2012. I guarantee you in less than 100 years there will be more electric chargers than gas stations.

Electricity is already in most buildings. Gas has to be trucked in.
We shall see. Gas beat electric once already, and the ol gal still has plenty of fight left.

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
That's a 60k performance model 3 vs a 600k Ferrari F12 Supercar

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
That's a 60k performance model 3 vs a 600k Ferrari F12 Supercar
How fast will that tesla be while its sitting with a cord shoved up its ass for 2 hours?

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
How fast will that tesla be while its sitting with a cord shoved up its ass for 2 hours?
2 hours?

Tesla Supercharge V3 delivers 75 miles of range in 5 minutes.

in 7 months of owning 1 sec/day was spent plugging it in. for a total of 210 secs. that's like 3 minutes. so I've gotten 30,000 miles and spent 3 minutes of my time.

Don't forget the car basically drives itself. so 100 miles a day it navigates down the highway with no intervention. That's making a car work for me

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
2 hours?

Tesla Supercharge V3 delivers 75 miles of range in 5 minutes.

in 7 months of owning 1 sec/day was spent plugging it in. for a total of 210 secs. that's like 3 minutes. so I've gotten 30,000 miles and spent 3 minutes of my time.

Don't forget the car basically drives itself. so 100 miles a day it navigates down the highway with no intervention. That's making a car work for me
If youre to lazy to drive then you shouldnt be driving.

75 mi of range in 5 min? Cute. I can get 300 mi in 5 min, anywhere in the US at any time.

The only vehicle id ever plug is a nice big smoke belching deleted cummins that im sure your kind would love.

Over and out.

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If youre to lazy to drive then you shouldnt be driving.

75 mi of range in 5 min? Cute. I can get 300 mi in 5 min, anywhere in the US at any time.

The only vehicle id ever plug is a nice big smoke belching deleted cummins that im sure your kind would love.

Over and out.
Fine you can gas up more range in less time but again Gas has been in use for 100+ years and its not much better than it was.

Once tesla works out super capacitors in batteries. The charge will be instant and far surpass gas range.

Not too lazy to drive. But why do it when I don't have to? I could also cut down all the wood to heat my house, grow and harvest all my own crops, brew my own beer, make my own medicines, build my own cell phone tower to stop the government from spying on me. Or I just not worry about any of that.

Current society is all about doing less mundane tasks so you can do what you want.

I'm sorry you would rather hold a steering wheel and stare straight. I'd prefer to surf the web, work, make money, read about new technology and all the while the car drives better than 99% of humans.

Roll coal all you want. I don't care. That doesn't bother me one bit because this is the world you are leaving to your kids and their kids. Since you like that smoke so much and it's so good for the world, you should hook it up to your house fresh air intake and breath some more in.

8thTon

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed
The EV has been around for as long as the ICE vehicle, and in the early 1900's they were comparatively even nicer - gasoline engine cars shook, stank, leaked, were loud and unreliable. Lubricants were poor, and engines didn't last long.

The problem is time. An automobile is a transportation device that hauls its energy source around stored in some chunk of matter. Fossil fuels are just matter that has old solar energy already stored in it. Gasoline is energy dense and easily portable. EV's use an empty chunk of matter that must have the energy put into it, and since it's a lot of energy it will take a lot of time. Any attempt at rapid charging means very high instantaneous energy transfer rates (power), which entail large losses. This is even with perfect, ideal batteries, and there is no way out of it. And of course the energy comes almost entirely from fossil fuels anyway.

So you can do this on an individual basis, or a small percentage of the population, but on a systemic basis it cannot work. Go stand at a Sheetz or other giant gas station for a day and picture every 5min fill up extended into hours - and now extend that to every vehicle across the nation, every day. Gasoline & diesel do not require this time because you are not storing the energy in it, that was already done millions of years ago - you are simply moving it. EV's can be useful in certain scenarios, especially when other transportation systems are available (urban mass transit, European train/tram systems, etc.) but you cannot make an American-style automobile-only transportation system work with something that requires such a time for recharging.

One of the guys at work has a Model X - I cannot believe how poorly made it is. There is not a straight panel on the thing, and none of the panel gaps are even or consistent. But even with corner cutting and big subsidies the company is still a non-profitable fraud. I guess people just want to believe.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm sorry you would rather hold a steering wheel and stare straight. I'd prefer to surf the web, work, make money, read about new technology and all the while the car drives better than 99% of humans.
Actually I think you are still supposed to monitor your car...

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Fine you can gas up more range in less time but again Gas has been in use for 100+ years and its not much better than it was.

Once tesla works out super capacitors in batteries. The charge will be instant and far surpass gas range.

Not too lazy to drive. But why do it when I don't have to? I could also cut down all the wood to heat my house, grow and harvest all my own crops, brew my own beer, make my own medicines, build my own cell phone tower to stop the government from spying on me. Or I just not worry about any of that.

Current society is all about doing less mundane tasks so you can do what you want.

Roll coal all you want. I don't care. That doesn't bother me one bit because this is the world you are leaving to your kids and their kids. Since you like that smoke so much and it's so good for the world, you should hook it up to your house fresh air intake and breath some more in.
Its your story buddyro.

Thats alright....youll outgrow your power wheels someday.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
It amazes me when I look at all the vehicles on the road, and think about the amount of fuel consumed in a day, that we didn't run out years ago.

I think electric vehicles will eventually become more prominent.

As far as the time to charge them back up, I think that to will improve too. Vehicles spend more time parked, then they do driving. So I guess there needs to be an easier way to charge them anytime they're parked.

The idea that 2 of the free spinning wheels could generate electricity to power the vehicles drive wheels is interesting. If only it could be that simple.

I have to admit, it would be cool if TRS could create an all electric Ranger bodied off road truck.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Peopl who rely on their car to drive is dangerous.... Haven't you seen the videos of self driving cars hitting other cars? It's happened more than once so it will happen again. If some dumbass killed my family in a car accident because they were sleeping instead of driving,,,,, I would probably kill somebody over being so stupid. Cars may be smart but they lack human nature. How do tesla's react to things like amish buggy's on the road? They aren't made of much metal and don't have lights half the time. Does your smart car see the dumbass behind you swerving over the lines? Can it see water on the road to avoid hydroplaning? What about ice? Snow? These are things that are still not highly tested. People need to be more hands on than anything... I bet most teens starting to drive can't change a flat tire or know what a bad spark plug looks like. Cars were meant to be driven, not the opposite. How would you live with yourself if you killed somebody because you were trusting your car to drive safely? I'm with Rusty on that part, if you would rather have your car drive for you then you shouldn't be driving...

8thTon

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed
For commuting I'd prefer to ride a train/tram/trolley - like the ones that used to be all over around here before we tore all that infrastructure out.

It amazes me when I look at all the vehicles on the road, and think about the amount of fuel consumed in a day, that we didn't run out years ago.
We did - we ran out of the high net energy return, affordable, easily accessible oil in North America in the 1970's. This was what was pretended to be the oil embargo of the time, but was really just the US peaking in oil production. Then we built a giant empire, and ran up massive debt, to convince the Saudis royals we'd be able to protect them no matter what in return for them pumping their oil flat out. Which they did, until their easy to access, high net energy return oil was gone too. Now what we have access to is very expensive with little to no net energy return - but we will keep doing it at a loss because we spent 100 years building a world totally dependent on it. Still, those costs don't go away, which is why our economy cannot recover.

As far as the time to charge them back up, I think that to will improve too. Vehicles spend more time parked, then they do driving. So I guess there needs to be an easier way to charge them anytime they're parked.
The electric grid is old and we have not invested the money to maintain it or to increase the capacity like we would need to - becasue our money is tied up paying for much more expensive fuel. MBA's see all that "wasted" capacity in the electrical transmission and distribution system and think they can get something for nothing and "improve efficiency". Engineers and practical people understand that when you push an old system to a higher percentage of capacity for a longer time, you get something called "catastrophic failure". Transformers don't cool off at night, there's even less time to do maintenance, etc. And on top of that the energy for electricity comes from fossil fuels anyway. There is no free ride.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals