• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Customer Service *Warning...Rant*

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

RoofHopper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
I'd have to say geography plays a big role in customer service. I've drove all over Ohio, Kentucky and a good deal of Indiana for nearly 15 years doing HVAC service work and have seen it go both ways. Some places are really funny in the differences in customer service and over all friendliness of people, go anywhere in downtown Cincinnati get treated like crap, go straight across the bridge the northern Kentucky and it's a completely different story. Same way with a lot of the small towns in SE Indiana, things run at a slower pace and people aren't only concerned with themselves

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Have you ever tried out for jeopardy?

Seriously.

Wife says i come off as a prick sometimes. Even though i dont mean to. Im kind of a rough guy, pretty straightforward, no BS type. Plus im 6'1 and built like a brick shithouse. So maybe i intimidate??

I dont know. Maybe it is me lol.
Same...
... except I'm not that built and I'm only 5'9". Lol.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
This is funny bc its true. We do foster care and I swear every teen that we see has three categories for EVERYTHING in their life and they are the "don't care", "don't know" and "don't wanna" unless it relates to food then they are all about it. I also feel that people get what they give off. So if you walk into the store with a stick up your ass about everyone around you then you wont get the greatest service. Where I live everyone is pretty nice and are honestly caring in what they are doing. You still run into the prick who needs a tooth knocked out for how he's acting but you'll have that. I live by the Golden Rule and treat karma as if it is as real as life itself and my life is pretty good on most days. Technology has changed humans in general. Whether that is for the best depends on the person themselves. You know the saying, "you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink" is true shit. We had foster kids that just didn't care about anything but playing with toys and on tablets or phones when in reality you 15 and can't figure out 6x3=????? (seriously, did not know the answer without drawing little hash marks on the paper...… Err, today's kids are going to be tomorrows PITA.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
This is funny bc its true. We do foster care and I swear every teen that we see has three categories for EVERYTHING in their life and they are the "don't care", "don't know" and "don't wanna" unless it relates to food then they are all about it. I also feel that people get what they give off. So if you walk into the store with a stick up your ass about everyone around you then you wont get the greatest service. Where I live everyone is pretty nice and are honestly caring in what they are doing. You still run into the prick who needs a tooth knocked out for how he's acting but you'll have that. I live by the Golden Rule and treat karma as if it is as real as life itself and my life is pretty good on most days. Technology has changed humans in general. Whether that is for the best depends on the person themselves. You know the saying, "you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink" is true shit. We had foster kids that just didn't care about anything but playing with toys and on tablets or phones when in reality you 15 and can't figure out 6x3=????? (seriously, did not know the answer without drawing little hash marks on the paper...… Err, today's kids are going to be tomorrows PITA.
18. It is 18.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3

did they actually tell you that, or send a text???

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That's just the attitude we get. Unless kids can benefit from whatever they do, they don't want to do it. The one that couldn't do math literally all his life just tried giving up and not learning basic math so that the parent or teacher whoever it was, would either get so annoyed they would either give him the answer or they would give him a passing grade for doing part of the work where everyone else has to do it all. It's frustrating as hell watching someone that old struggle with first grade math. Kids just want everything handed to them instead of earning it and that doesn't fly in my house. We try to teach kids about the real world bc the real world doesn't care what you struggle with bc they have 15 other people wanting the same job you do. They think that since they are foster kids that they should be given an unfair advantage in life but that advantage doesn't follow you when you are out of foster care. But its the same thing about that horse with the water. Oh yeah, PJTOLEDO, no they didn't tell or text me that but that is the main factor in the equation whenever they are either failing school, lying, etc. I'm not saying his is every kid in foster care bc its not. That is just a large population that we notice in teens in foster care. "don't care" is probably the biggest issue with them.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
We had to learn how to do math because we wouldn't always be able to have a calculator with us when we grew up...

I still chuckle about that line.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
All of that attitude youre describing is a direct result of the "everyone gets a trophy" mentality.

Why should they work as hard as the other kids when they know there going to get the same reward when done?

And why should the kids with the drive to do better do better when they know that their efforts arnt going to bring them anything special?

Unfourtantly our government is picking up on this and doing their best to legislate everyone "equal".

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals