• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

custom winch mount bumper for a gen 1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
does any one have pics of a winch mounted on the front of there gen 1? im getting a smittybilt xrc-8 from the girlfriend for x mas and im not sure on how to mount it. i wanna get the best approach angle i can. i have a welder so im not worried about doing a custom bumper.:icon_welder:

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
this is 59buisqiks(sp?) rig, he has some good pics of his front bumper build

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
You may be able to make a mounting plate bolt up inside the frame and it would be out of the way.
thats what i was thinking like if i cut off some of the frame horns and put a plate in there on the rail. i just wonder if it would be enuf room so i could get to the free spin knob thing on top.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual

thats is what i want right there i found it on the bumper thread i just dont know how he build it and how its mounted if i could figure it out id be building it right now:icon_welder:

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if it were me...id do a bunch of sheetmetal chopping and grill chopping and get the wich and bumper all tucked up only going out as far as the front of the frame...

kind of like mine,i know its a gen 3 but still the same idea's apply

only thing sticking out is the stinger and its way up

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
Yea I didn't want it to stick wayy out. What I was thinking is take off the lower grill thing with the parking lights in it and cut the fenders from the bottom of grill over ill make a pic in a bit. Hey jon do u think the habor freight pipe bender 12 ton would be good to make bends with for my bumper?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
O and the body lift will be coming off when I build the bumper and I'm cutting the fenders for now.

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yea I didn't want it to stick wayy out. What I was thinking is take off the lower grill thing with the parking lights in it and cut the fenders from the bottom of grill over ill make a pic in a bit. Hey jon do u think the habor freight pipe bender 12 ton would be good to make bends with for my bumper?
thats what i would do...cut the fenders level with the bottom of the grill and lose that front sheetmetal

would probably do, not the best but it will get the job done on small jobs like that

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
thats what i would do...cut the fenders level with the bottom of the grill and lose that front sheetmetal

would probably do, not the best but it will get the job done on small jobs like that
What do u use for a bender?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals