• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Custom Sub Boxes...

PreRunnerRanger951

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ok im new to this site, but i have a 1989 ranger single cab and i was wondering if any of you have any idea where to get a custom box made for my truck, ideally id like to fit 2 12's in it but i dont think there is enough room for it, but any and all help wud be appreciated thanks in advance

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
as far as i know, the only production "custom" boxes made for the ranger are mtx t-forms. they are grossly overpriced (at $350 a pop), only fit a single 10", and are only available for gen 3's (thats not to say they wont fit in older trucks).

youd be a lot better off making something yourself.

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
i have 2 10 inch mtx road thunders behind the seat in my 1st gen but the seat sits a little to far forward for my taste so i am going to put the 6's back in and put the 10's in my car

motocross

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i have a wedge box ill be looking to sell but shipping might be a little pricey

PreRunnerRanger951

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i have 2 10 inch mtx road thunders behind the seat in my 1st gen but the seat sits a little to far forward for my taste so i am going to put the 6's back in and put the 10's in my car
u got 2 10's in there? did u make the box urself? and how far was the seat up? and how tall are you?

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
yes i have 2 10's and no they came in the boxes . the seat is more up and down than forward . i will see if i can get some pics this weekend.

jmzneal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 and 2007
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
get some RF P3 shallows...they can be mounted in 3.5" boxes and you could let your seat back...i'm putting 4 reg size P3 10s behind the seat of my '07 Stx and have 2 T1'12s in a 5.0ft^3 ported box in my '94 Reg cab...Rockford Fosgate makes better subs than MTX...not just SPL and SQ wise but also duribility wise also...I had 2 P1 12's in my '94 before i did the blowthrough and beat the poop out of them and they never did blow off a P3001 amp maxed out prob clipping retarded. (that was before i knew anything about car audio) MTX is ight don't get me wrong but RF out does them in same class series. The JackHammer is just a pathetic excuse of a sub with crazy power handling cap. But honestly should get more output for that much money.

coolman1987us

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The best way to install and amp/speaker(or amp/sub) combination is to find a sub/speaker you want and see what the manufacturer suggests to power it. Use a speaker and amp of the same brand and same RMS power NOT PEAK which many speakers and subs are measured in. There are only probably half a dozen manufacturers that rate their equipment in RMS all the others are in peak. Also look at what the ohms rating is. If the sub is rated at 2 ohms, power it at that. That way will give u the best performance and sound quality. Ill give you an example, a set of Roadmaster speakers you can buy at walmart for around 20 bucks. The box says 100 watts, well they are only rated at 10 watts RMS at 16 ohms. Now thats a big difference and there isn't one car stereo or amp around that i know of that will power anything at 16 ohms. Regular speakers are usually 8 sometimes 4 ohms and subs usually from 8 down to 1. (Rockford makes an amp that is stable down to .5 ohms)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals