• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Custom Bellhousings

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I am working on an engine swap in my 03 right now. I am planning on a 6G72 swap from a Dodge Stealth/Mitsubishi 3000gt, and possibly running the stock turbo setup from the mitsu 3000gt VR4 model. My biggest issue right now is almost all of the cars that ran the 6G72 were tranverse engines, either FWD or AWD. However the Mitsubishi Montero is a longitudinal engine, and I was thinking about using that transmission. The only issue with that is how strong that transmission actually is. The Vr4 setup will net around 300 hp and 320 ft-lbs, max 400 hp if i do a bunch of mods and tuning, and I don't want to grenade a trans from a 200 hp car(montero).

So my question how much would it usually be to get a bellhousing to run say a C4 or C6 behind that motor?

Yellowsplash

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
good luck finding that...I can tell you I own 3 DSMs, and the man who knows best with mitsubishi transmissions is Shepard Racing. I dont know if anyone has ever tried to build one up, but he'd be a good start...

http://www.sheptrans.com/

The other option is TRE transmissions...

http://www.teamrip.com/

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks. A friend told me that advance adapters could make one with the right measurements, but I'm not sure how much that would be.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals