• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

curious about sound?

would it sound good

• NOPE

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • YES, do it

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

dauphija#99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
What would my truck sound like with stock muffler but no resonator? just curious, would it be stupid or sound good? any comments are greatly appreciated.I drive a 2002 ranger 4cyl if it makes any difference.

4th ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I dont have the resonator on my truck. Its an 02 with a 2.3 auto and it sounds about the same as when I did have it. Not much we can really do to get that throaty sound out of the motors but I wouldnt trade mine for the world!

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What would my truck sound like with stock muffler but no resonator? just curious, would it be stupid or sound good? any comments are greatly appreciated.I drive a 2002 ranger 4cyl if it makes any difference.

I never heard a 4 banger Ranger with a catback or custom mufflers sound anything but ricey. Not much you can do to make a duratec sound impressive.......maybe impressively annoying . Excellent engine for it's intended purpose though.

This is impressive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCHqXRIAksw

This is impressive too...especially at slow idle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXIGLrGZiU8&feature=related

This is horrible! Why didn't they just put a fart cannon on the thing and be done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM_Q6FXt7nY&feature=related

Last edited:

ES894x4

December 2013 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
4 cyl sound like 4 cyl so you have to appreciate there form of sounding beast because it wont ever sound like any other motor. i say do it, the stock muffler is huge and it wont ever sound like a flowthrew muffler and allow any raspy popping out, and if you havent already pulled the intake silencer and thrown on a metal tube to the air box try that first, always a good way to bring out the sound on a 4cyl with stock exhaust

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals