• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

cummins Ranger???

primeevil27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
does anyone out there have any info on what i can do to squeeze a 4L $BT Cummins into my ranger??? it is supposedly 36" tall and 26" long, and about 18" wide or something like that. I have a 3" body lift on my 93 ranger 4X4 The crank to top of engine measurement is about 24".
Thanks for your time, and input.
Kelsy

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've seen 2 done, one into a first gen explorer, and one in a first gen Bronco II...the bronco has video's on youtube.

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
check out 4btswap.com or mooktank.com

DieselSmoke

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
www.overlandvans.com/0104_diesel.html
has this info

The 4BT 3.9 engine is rated at 120+ hp @ 2500 rpm with peak torque of 327 lb-ft @ 1700 rpm. The engine weighs 570 pounds (dry). The 4BT 3.9 engine dimensions are...:
Total height: 30.6 inches

Total length: 30.1 inches

Total width: 22.9 inches

www.4btswaps.com/
has some other stuff on it

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
there is a guy that built a header for it that got it to 136 hp, increased boost, and lowered the egt. but I lost his build up since i reformatted......... but it was a gen3 and uses a 14 bolt in the back and a D60 in the front. I have seen 2 LandCruisers with that swap..... 1 with a TH700r4 and the other with an NV4500 .......... both transmission the gear spacing is too wide so you might want to run a gear splitter with it.

primeevil27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i was thinking of going automatic, with a c-6 and a different transfer case too. not too sure what you were talking about with all those #'s there. I am a little mechanically ignorant to the technical terms right now. I don't know too many technical numbers. lol

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
there is a guy that built a header for it that got it to 136 hp, increased boost, and lowered the egt. but I lost his build up since i reformatted......... but it was a gen3 and uses a 14 bolt in the back and a D60 in the front. I have seen 2 LandCruisers with that swap..... 1 with a TH700r4 and the other with an NV4500 .......... both transmission the gear spacing is too wide so you might want to run a gear splitter with it.

www.mooktank.com

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
i was thinking of going automatic, with a c-6 and a different transfer case too. not too sure what you were talking about with all those #'s there. I am a little mechanically ignorant to the technical terms right now. I don't know too many technical numbers. lol
be prepared to spend some money on suspension . as the 4bt weighs in at around 750#. and you need to remove part of the engine xmember. and depending on where you get the engine cou could easely spend upwards of $1900 plus shipping.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
thats the truck that came to mind. thanx

what ever transmission you use, I would use a gear splitter to make better use of the power curve. you will need an over drive transmission unless you like cruising at 50 mph.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals